We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mugs

Waukesha, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Topic
Mugs

I have read in a few posts that people bring insulated mugs to the resort.

What type of insulated mug does everyone here recommend. I seen Bubba Mug mentioned in a recent post.

Also, can we get them filled with anything available from any of the bars including the frozen drinks?

Thank You

nova scotia
Level Contributor
1,977 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mugs

We have 20oz Bubbas we use everywhere we go and yes, you can get them filled with anything you like!

There are larger Bubbas (30 & 50 some ounces) but frankly I don't think I could hold it up in one hand, so we opted for the 20oz ones; keeps everything very cold; ice hardly melts. They float too!

When we do not have Concierge (liquor in room), we get them filled with Pinot Grigio to take back to our room!

Enjoy...

Virginia
Level Contributor
908 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mugs

My wife and I take 16 oz Tervis Tumblers with sipper tops. They keep our drinks cold and sand out of it. Perfect.

The mug thing depends what resort you are going to be visiting. Couples resorts do not allow their bartenders to fill your mugs. Other resorts do. At Couples they don't mind at all if I get two drinks and pour them in my mug myself. No problem.

I will say that those huge Bubba Kegs that I see some people having filled are a little ridiculous. The ones I mean are HUGE, far larger than the 20ozer someone mentioned above. Each of those things takes an entire blender full of drink to fill. Once you have stood in line at the bar behind someone getting several of those filled for their group you might think that 'bigger is not always better'.

Have fun!

Castle Rock...
Level Contributor
60 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mugs

DanLauraLand - The 34 oz Bubbas are available at Target for a couple of dollars. Never had any problems with bar tenders. My wife loves that they come in pink as well. On our last trip to Iberostar, we joked about opening up a vending stand on the beach as we were repeatedly offered $ for one by others dehydrating on the beach. They are quite a bit more insulated than Tervis that we use at home. They keep a Miami Vice mostly frozen before I can drink it. LId has a seal to keep out sand as well. Have a blast!

Waukesha, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Mugs

thank you...

we picked up a couple of the short 20oz Bubbas

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
357 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mugs

The more conversations I read about taking a mug the more convinced I become... I do dislike that I often waste 1/2 a drink b/c it's completely melted and watered down...

St. Charles, MO
Level Contributor
1,784 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Mugs

We love ours. We have the 20-24oz size, not sure just what size. Not a proper Bubba mug, but the same idea. The first time we brought them on vacation everyone at the pool bar loved them. There was much MUG ENVY! We actually left them with another couple that was staying a week longer, with instructions to pass them on to another couple before they left.

We have since acquired new ones, that we have personalized. Mine has my name adn says "The lower the lattitude, the better the attitude". They are great conversation starters, as well as doing a great job of keeping the drinks cold.

Level Contributor
382 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mugs

We use our mugs (20 oz bubba) in all our pics. They make great shots. Our have made it to Mexico once and will take their third trip to Jamaica this summer. We have blue and pink decorated.

Haverhill...
Level Contributor
3,915 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mugs

We have a variety of colors, all Bubba's, and some of them have a bottle opener built into the bottom of the handle. I found a hot pink one - my signature color! - and decorated it with "jewels"! :-)

Ontario Canada
Destination Expert
for White House
Level Contributor
8,614 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Mugs

lol...bubba's are unnecessary for us. Our drinks are gone before the ice melts! ;)

nova scotia
Level Contributor
1,977 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Mugs

travelpair55, too funny! yes, the bevvies go down nicely and quickly, but the odd time we like to lounge away from the nearest bar, they are definitely handy to have!