We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airline Credit???

Ennis, Texas
Level Contributor
15 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Airline Credit???

Can someone explain to me how this airline credit works? I booked April, 2013 and was entitled to this credit. My travel agent gave me a story, the sandals rep gave me a different story.

When I was getting ready to lose my temper with the sandals rep, she is telling me now that the airline credit was taken before the sandals rates were posted to their website but before that she stated that my travel agency was not entitiled to this sandals credit.

In my opinion, this sounds like misrepresentation on everyone's part.

I welcome any remarks...

Island Routes Caribbean Adventures - South Coast
Boat Tours, River Rafting & Tubing, Swim with Dolphins, Zipline & Aerial Adventure Parks
Ontario Canada
Destination Expert
for White House
Level Contributor
8,714 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airline Credit???

My understanding is that the airline credit applies no matter whether you book room and airfare together, or just room only. The price quoted on the Sandals website is the final price which already includes the airfare deduction. We've booked 3 Sandals resorts for Jan/Feb 2013 through our travel agent and the prices are exactly as what was listed on the website. Our air is booked separately as we never book it through the Sandals site.

You can read more here:

www.sandals.com/specials/air-credit.cfm

2. Re: Airline Credit???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 05 August 2012, 00:08
Edited: 05 August 2012, 00:08
3. Re: Airline Credit???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 05 August 2012, 00:08
Rehoboth Beach...
Level Contributor
4,631 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airline Credit???

With Sandals' it is ALWAYS a numbers game and it is ALWAYS "on sale" and it NEVER comes out to be as "on sale" as you think it should be.

Another reason why we simply won't play their reindeer games.

nova scotia
Level Contributor
2,053 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airline Credit???

If you check it out yourself on the Sandals website, under 'quote', you should see what you are paying, which includes the promos/discounts/credits mentioned on that room category.

and, frodo... you well know that most major resort chains have 'sales', 'promos', etc that rarely expire/ keep getting extended, etc... you certainly are aware that your beloved Couples does exactly the same, so please stop with your incessant 'bashing... no one is better, just different!

oy-vey

United States
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
4,151 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airline Credit???

The airline credit comes off of the room rate regardless of whether you book air. The amount showing as the total next to your room category is the amount you will pay. For example, if the room is $550 per night, and 65% off and $355 ailine credit is listed below, the 65% and airline credit have already been taken off. So you would pay $3850 for 7 nights with the amount I used below. You can see it pretty clearly on sandals.com. If you tell me your exact room and resort, I will look at it for you.

If you have Sandals Select points, those will come off that amount. So if it is $3850 for the week, and you have $400 in points, you will only need to pay $3450.

Ennis, Texas
Level Contributor
15 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Airline Credit???

I want to thank everyones response..I got the figures to work out... I should have checked with you first.

Thanks again!

nova scotia
Level Contributor
2,053 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Airline Credit???

Telicogirl, also keep checking rates as if it drops you are entitled to the lower pricing before final payment is due and any other 'perks' Sandals might add as a booking incentive...

enjoy!

Rehoboth Beach...
Level Contributor
4,631 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Airline Credit???

Just stating FACTS! Sorry you do not like it!

Yes Couples does have sales but they are very clear. The rack rate, sale price and the % off is CLEARLY printed on a chart. You do not need a math degree to decipher it.

Canterbury...
Level Contributor
842 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Airline Credit???

Yawn....

But Couples is a major step down from Sandal's Resorts....math degree or not.