We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dress Code for Breakfast & Lunch

Which White House hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sherwood, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
33 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Dress Code for Breakfast & Lunch

Hi All - I will be making my first trip to Sandals Whitehouse this February. This is not only our first trip to a Sandals, but our first trip outside of the United States, therefore we have much to learn from all of you.

My question is in regards to what is acceptable for a female to wear during breakfast or lunch. At the restaurants that serve breakfast or lunch, is it acceptable to wear a swimsuit with a cover-up over it or must I wear shorts and a shirt over a swimsuit? I've read a few posts about dress code, but I'm not sure that I saw anything referencing cover-ups during breakfast or lunch.

For my husband, is it acceptable for him to wear his swimsuit bottoms (not a speedo, hah!) with a sleeveless shirt?

nova scotia
Level Contributor
1,893 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dress Code for Breakfast & Lunch

Jubee, swimsuit with coverup/wrap is perfectly fine for women for Breakfast and lunch and swimsuit with shirt for men... if you are still 'wet' though, take a towel to sit on and ENJOY!

Sherwood, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
33 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dress Code for Breakfast & Lunch

Perfect - thanks for the reply!

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
2,158 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dress Code for Breakfast & Lunch

Jubee: One thing we did our first Sandals trip was WAAAAAYYYYYY over pack. My wife insisted on packing her little black dress...because a 'woman never goes anywhere without it' and me a suit and tie. Neither are necessary or warranted. If you would like send me a private message with an appropriate email address and I will send you two Excel workbooks my wife and I use as our basic packing lists for our Sandals trips...we'll be at SWH ourselves in 4 months now and can't wait.

Norwalk, Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,230 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dress Code for Breakfast & Lunch

Hi Jubee..I know your excitment..because I remember the first time I traveled to the Caribbean.

Just use common sense and you'll be fine Deniseatbeach is right just be sure to have a coverup on...personally I would not feel comfortable walking around in my swim suite inside the restaurant for breakfast without a coverup on...SRCfan is also right to say that most of us (especially me..I'm probly like your wife) I pack wayyyyy to much...this year will be different as hubby has informed me that I have to carry what I pack :(

Safe Travels

Ocala, Florida
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios, Negril, Montego Bay
Level Contributor
2,195 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dress Code for Breakfast & Lunch

@SRCfan--- that's funny, the first time we went to Sandals my husband also brought a suit even though I told him he wouldn't need it . We have cut way back in what we bring--- however, he still brings way more than me.

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
2,158 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dress Code for Breakfast & Lunch

mficke0713: Yup...last year Santa gave my wife an e-reader...she says that was the best gift yet, since now she didn't have to pack all those darn books that take up so much room, leaving, of course, more room for shoes, because, in her words, 'You can never have too many shoes at SRC'. LOL ;)

Norwalk, Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,230 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dress Code for Breakfast & Lunch

I know exactly how she feels..I once arrived with 13 pr of shoes..that does include sneakers as well as a couple pair of flip flops as well as sandals & dress shoes...hubby had 4... flip flops, sandals, sneakers, and resort dress shoes (more like a loafer shoe) I can't imagine not having the right pair of shoes with the right outfit....but I better learn..because I now have to carry it myself :(...maby if I roll the clothes I 'll have more room..determined to have only 1 suitcase and not 2...

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for White House, Negril
Level Contributor
12,995 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dress Code for Breakfast & Lunch

Swimsuites and a good attiude, as far as the packing!

Tee shirt and swimsuit for B and L is just fine.

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
65 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Dress Code for Breakfast & Lunch

Yup! What RandB said. We literally dressed in swimsuits for breakfast and did not change until we had to dress for dinner. Bring two or three suits as they don't always dry overnight. All places accept covered up swimwear at lunch and a lot of people eat poolside at the main pool so it really doesn't matter.

Nuneaton
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Dress Code for Breakfast & Lunch

Pay attention to seasonal garage sales. Actually, in prom season, the evening dresses are usually at expensive prices. So you'd better buy cheap dresses in the autumn or summer after the formal season has finished. Find casual style, which are cheaper than those of complicated design. Then you can add some decorations on to make your dress more wonderful. Next buy various types of accessories, which can make a simple dress look expensive. Think of scarves, jewelry, shoes, and other accessories while choosing your evening dress. more at: http://www.stunningdressesonline.co.uk/