We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what to pack and any preference as to which village to stay?

Which White House hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Topic
what to pack and any preference as to which village to stay?

Hi!

We are going to be at the Sandals Whitehouse next week. I want to know if Dockers pants for men and casual shoes are ok for men as part of "resort evening attire"?

Also, I don't know if at the time of check-in I will be given the option of selecting any one of the Dutch, French or Italian villages to stay. Is one better than the others?

Thanks!

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
2,241 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: what to pack and any preference as to which village to stay?

Dockers and casual closed toe shoes are perfect for men. For the ladies, my wife during the evening wears sun dresses, capris, mini skirts, nice tops, sandals, low rise heels (leave the 5 inch stilettos home...the walkways are concrete, tile, wood, or the ground itself, and can get slippery or at the least are uneven). During the day, it's swimwear with a cover up for going into some of the restaurants.

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for White House, Negril
Level Contributor
13,058 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: what to pack and any preference as to which village to stay?

Dockers and shoes are perfect for men, with a polo shirt. Otherwise, just pack lots of swimsuits and sun lotions!! Either the Dutch or Italian are our favorites. The French is good too, but a little more active.

Ontario Canada
Destination Expert
for White House
Level Contributor
8,577 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: what to pack and any preference as to which village to stay?

It will possibly depend on which room category you've booked as to what village your room is in....some room categories are only in the French Village (there are no concierge or butler rooms in the French)...some room categories are only in the Italian & Dutch Village and some are in all three villages!

You aren't normally given an option upon check-in...your room is decided before you arrive, however if you have a preference for one village over the others (and your room category is located in all 3 villages), be sure to request your location and they will do their best to accommodate you.

Norwalk, Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,230 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: what to pack and any preference as to which village to stay?

having stayed in both the Italian as well as the Dutch... Our personal preference is the Dutch...as it offers the best of both worlds...smack in the middle of the Italian and French it has its own bar (no frozen drinks there though) it's own (smaller pool) as well as a hot tub and the best view for the sunsets... the French seems to always have a party going on and pool volleyball..which is fine but once I leave the main pool area...I'm usually ready for the calmness of the Dutch village..headed back on 3/9/13 and this will be our 3rd time in the Dutch village....safe travels :)

5. Re: what to pack and any preference as to which village to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 January 2014, 06:19