We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

scuba dives

sudbury
Level Contributor
101 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
scuba dives

What are the scuba diving times and how long are the dives?

Island Routes Caribbean Adventures - South Coast
Boat Tours, River Rafting & Tubing, Swim with Dolphins, Zipline & Aerial Adventure Parks
Minnesota
Destination Expert
for White House, Negril
Level Contributor
13,162 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: scuba dives

They go out at 9:00 AM & 11:00 AM, dives up to 30 feet. I am not a scuba person, but this is info from the Daily Breeze, their daily newsletter for guests.

Nebraska, United...
Level Contributor
485 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: scuba dives

My friend did the scuba diving. It seemed like he was gone for a long time, but that could have been the rum thinking...

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
356 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: scuba dives

The dives are all single tanks - about 30 minutes. The reef is fairly close to shore so plan on 60 minutes from leaving the dock to getting back. Your first dive at the resort will be a 30 ft checkout dive. They will want to see your PADI card and your log book. If it's more than 18 mos since your last dive, they'll want you to take a refresher course $$.

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
138 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: scuba dives

Not sure if the refresher requirement is standardised acroos all the Sandals resorts. Be aware that when we were at sandals antigua in November 2012, they had a limit of 6 months since your last dive and you were required to take a skills refresher in the pool.

sudbury
Level Contributor
101 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: scuba dives

Thanks for the info, I am just now taking the coarse here so I would imagine I will have to do there discover scuba coarse.

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
138 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: scuba dives

Don't know about that because we are qualified divers but not PADI so I'm not familiar with the levels of qualifications with PADI. The previous year when we dived at SWH it was almost a year since we had last dived and they did not ask us to do any refresher in the pool prior to diving. The diving is so easy there - there's not loads to see but still very enjoyable and the dive crew are really nice.

We are looking forward to seeing them all again this October. Have fun!

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
356 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: scuba dives

We did our scuba training at home and our four open water dives at WH. we did our over 4 days, but I think you might be able to do 2 per day. Check their info, but I think it was about $250 per person.

Sandals has multiple certifications, with PADI being only one. The refresher course is a Sandals issue, not the certification organization.

As of Jan 2012 it was 18 mths at Royal Caribbean. it's be a few years since we dove at WH.

Colorado
Level Contributor
294 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: scuba dives

Scuba divers, does SWH have lockers for your gear and places to hang your wet suits? I'm thinking of the long haul of gear back to our room. We go in July, but if not happy here will go back to Negril.

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
138 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: scuba dives

No lockers but there is a gear room you are allowed to hang your wetsuits in and leave your gear. It is locked at night. We left all our stuff there and it was fine.

Colorado
Level Contributor
294 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: scuba dives

Great, just what I was looking for, thank you.