We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Difference in entry level room and concierge room at SWH

Sparta, Tennessee...
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Topic
Difference in entry level room and concierge room at SWH

I am thinking of booking a room for our 10th anniversary. We started looking at Royal plantation but now the wife has decided on SWH. The 2nd room category is 2463 dollars for our stay. The walkout beachfront room is 2900 and the first level concierge room is 3400. What am I getting from concierge? The main difference i see is an inroom bar,,,,I can walk to get my own drinks for 500 over one room and 1000 over the other. And someone to make reservations for me? I can also do that for that amount of money, Am i missing something?

Also does anyone know the view difference in the honeymoon grande lux room and the walkout room?

Island Routes Caribbean Adventures - South Coast
Boat Tours, River Rafting & Tubing, Swim with Dolphins, Zipline & Aerial Adventure Parks
United States
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
4,151 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Difference in entry level room and concierge room at SWH

Hi Jeremy. We agree with you, and the cost of Concierge is not worth it to us. The main benefits are an in room bar, and room service. Both of which, we don't need. Everything is in walking distance, so we walk somewhere to eat if we're hungry.

This will be my first time at SWH, but not for Sandals. I had responded on some of your other threads. I think the difference between those rooms is the floor they are on. The walkouts are on the first floor, and you can literally walk out to the beach or pool. We personally would prefer to be higher up.

Sparta, Tennessee...
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Difference in entry level room and concierge room at SWH

Thank you for your time to respond. It just doesnt make much sense to me, how concierge can be worth that amount of money. I have had one chat person on sandals tell me that it does include room service and one tell me that it does not. So I dont know what to believe. But I still cant think its worth the cost even if it does.

This room is about 1600 dollars cheaper than SRP,,,i think we have decided to let her use that money at the spa and for some excursions. SWH looks very nice in some videos that we found on youtube. I dont think SRP would be the right place for us being barely over 30 and our first sandals experience.

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for White House, Negril
Level Contributor
13,253 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Difference in entry level room and concierge room at SWH

Jeremy, each person certainly has their own wants when it comes to a room. The standard rooms are very nice and are about the same size of the concierge rooms. When we have had a concierge room we have enjoyed the dinner reservations, in room bar, and the full room service menu. And yes, you do definately get the room service with concierge. Anyway, sounds like to have a great plan in place. Hope you enjoy our favorite Sandals.

Sparta, Tennessee...
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Difference in entry level room and concierge room at SWH

I have been reading through your threads here on TA. Thanks for your time to write those and respond to my questions. I am pretty sure this is the route we are going to take.

Waterford, NY
Level Contributor
656 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Difference in entry level room and concierge room at SWH

Other than some of the big butler suites in the Italian building, all the rooms at WH are the same dimensions. The different categories reflect the floor they're on, or whether they're walkout. Everything is looking at the ocean.

Concierge just means the in room bar and a few perks as to restaurant reservations, really. At WH it doesn't make a lot of sense to me, at least. Your refrigerator is going to be stocked with water, juice and Coke anyhow. The restaurants are so nice and the feel out on the plaza at night is so great that I can't imagine having dinner in the room.

For that money, it's hard to justify. It ain't that long a walk to the bar!

Ontario Canada
Destination Expert
for White House
Level Contributor
8,713 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Difference in entry level room and concierge room at SWH

Jeremy, as mentioned above, the rooms will be virtually the same in size, but in different locations.

To help you further with your decision:

The Honeymoon Grande Luxe Beachfront Rooms are located in the French 4th floor, Dutch & Italian 3rd floors.

The Honeymoon Beachfront Walkout is only in the French Village 1st floor (and be advised that some of these rooms have a view of the washroom building)

The Grande Honeymoon Beachfront Walkout Concierge is located on the 1st floors of the Dutch & Italian.

We've stayed in both standard rooms and concierge at SWH...lately we will only book concierge as we do enjoy an in-room bar and room service, but when we stayed in standard rooms it was never a problem to just stop at a bar and bring back a drink to the room. Only you can decide if the extra money for concierge is worth it to you.

I took lots of pics a couple of weeks ago of the views from some of the rooms, but it will take me a few weeks to upload and organize...life is just too busy this week and we leave again for SWH next week!

Jeffery...could you confirm you rec'd my PM in response to yours? thx.

United States
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
4,151 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Difference in entry level room and concierge room at SWH

Sandals chat people are awful! It is better to ask on here than ask one of them. Once you get to Sandals, it is great! But their customer service people are awful!

Innisfil, Canada
Level Contributor
540 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Difference in entry level room and concierge room at SWH

I agree with you BSBgirl! We have received a lot of misinformation from the Sandals Chat people. Nothing they say that is incorrect will be honored - even if you have a printout of the chat.

I have found a wealth of information on this forum and you are right - much better to ask here!

nova scotia
Level Contributor
2,053 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Difference in entry level room and concierge room at SWH

JeremyP, as travelpair55 mentioned, only you can determine if concierge is worth it for you.

We love Concierge... yes we can get our bubbas filled on the way back to the room, but with concierge we don't have to. Yes, we can make coffee in our room in the morning, but we can also order in. Yes, reservations are not required and we can get ready for dinner, and if busy and cannot get seated right away, we can put our name on a waitlist, go have a pre-dinner drink, but with Concierge and the ability to make dinner reservations, we show up at our reserved time and are seated right away. Yes we enjoy donning the robes (and sometimes slippers) to sit out on our balcony (not a fan of walkouts as I dont' think them very private) and watch the sunset with a nice chilled glass of Pinot Noir from our stocked fridge - and when we run out, we can call Concierge (love you Sheldon!) and request another chilled bottle be delivered for our enjoyment. And, we enjoy the nightly surprises of Cheese and crackers, shrimp cocktails, etc. Yes we enjoy the Concierge weekly gathering and the last couple visits to SWH it has been a cruise up the coast with beer/rum punch and snackies.

Yes, we could order room service, but have yet to - I see this as very handy where inclimate weather persists or you are under the weather the morning after the night before!

Yes, we used internet previously and on our return to SWH in 8 weeks now, we will enjoy the free wifi... so for us, it is definitely worth it!

I just have a bit of an issue justifying BUTLER, but who knows what could be in our future!

Whatever you decide, enjoy SWH... our favorite Sandals!

Baltimore, Maryland
6 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Difference in entry level room and concierge room at SWH

Can anyone who has stayed at Whitehouse in a Concierge room confirm that room service comes with the room?