We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Adult children at Whitehouse.

Which White House hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Canada
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Topic
Adult children at Whitehouse.

Just wondering. We have 2 very mature daughters that are very well travelled and enjoy coming on trips with us. They are 18 and 21 and both in University. Would it be frowned upon if they were to come with us to Sandals Whitehouse? We are more looking for quiet family time to catch up then romance and this seems like the perfect spot for it. They have outgrown Beaches as we have done that several times in the past.

S Wales
Level Contributor
134 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Adult children at Whitehouse.

Hi, we are bringing our 4 children in September for the same reason, they are 26, 24, 22 & 18, we booked through Sandals in the UK. We are splitting our time between SWH & a local villa, worth looking at that option?

Enjoy!

near Chicago
Level Contributor
1,345 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Adult children at Whitehouse.

I was at SMB last month and while there I met a family that was traveling with their two teen aged sons. If SMB didn't have a problem with that, I'm sure SW won't either.

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
19,497 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Adult children at Whitehouse.

This is directed to both Muggsy & Welshtorchy,

Where will they sleep? Rooms are designed for a couple are they not? Presumably you would book a second or third room - correct?

Kitchener Ontario
Level Contributor
809 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Adult children at Whitehouse.

And to add to BP's comments, they only have King size beds - no doubles

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
19,497 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Adult children at Whitehouse.

I guess they could all bring sleeping bags and bunk in the same room on the floor. It would put a different twist on the togertherness factor at a supposedly intimate couples only resort ;-)

Canada
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Adult children at Whitehouse.

We for sure would get them their own room to share. They have shared a bed on many a trip with us so that would be no problem...they are close and it would be good bonding time for them as well.

Canada
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Adult children at Whitehouse.

I sense a little sarcasm here. I have yet to find the "couples only" reference on the Sandals site. I am sure that when weddings are held at a Sandals location not all guests are "couples" but merely mature guests...my daughters certainly qualify as that...I realize who Sandals caters too...just as Beaches caters to families...but have yet to see them say....no one without children allowed!

Richmond, Texas
Level Contributor
1,261 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Adult children at Whitehouse.

During my stay @ La Toc, I met two couples that got married.

One couple brought their children -- their son was an adult and their daughter was probably 17 or so. (Yep they sure waiting a long time to officially "tie the knot"). Sandals was certainly aware of the daughter's age, because when she won a karaoke contest, they mentioned that due to her age she couldn't have alcohol (drinking age is 18 in St Lucia) and switched out her prize, and gave her a t-shirt instead of a bottle of champagne.

The other couple had a large wedding party and many guests, but all were adults. The bride had two attendants and the groom had nine. I asked them how that all worked as far as room accommodations, and they said that Sandals allowed their guests to double up if they wanted so they could split the room charges.

I can't imagine Sandals having any problems with someone bringing a pair of adult children and selling another room.

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
19,497 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Adult children at Whitehouse.

I believe the common point here is that these experiences were associated with weddings. It is known already that Sandals allows a certain number of guests who are not 'couples' to stay at their resort when there is a wedding. I have never read nor heard that they allow this at any other time. Hopefully someone with first hand knowledge of this policy will chime in to clear this up.

massachusetts
Level Contributor
516 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Adult children at Whitehouse.

call the 800 SANDALS ph # and ask deirectly..get the persons name that you talked with and write it down then i would call the resort and double check with them this route is a lot cheaper than REGRET .. enjoy your bonding time