We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Strapless dresses in restaurants

Which White House hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Birmingham...
Level Contributor
117 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Strapless dresses in restaurants

Hi all -

Some great sales going on this weekend. I'm looking at a couple of strapless sundresses to buy before going to SWH in May, but then I started to wonder if this is appropriate for the evenings? I can always bring a cardigan also, but it might better not to get them at all if it doesn't fit the dress code for the nicer restaurants.

Thanks!

Rhode Island
Level Contributor
49 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Strapless dresses in restaurants

According to my wife, that is fine for dress at the restaurants. You may want a sweater to cover since sometimes the A/C inside can get chilly. We are already starting to pack mentally, 27 days until we arrive.

rok
Canada Bay...
Level Contributor
210 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Strapless dresses in restaurants

Birmningham...go get 'em. You'll be the star of whatever dining room you frequent. Seriously tho', after a day perhaps touring or in the sun & sand it just plain feels good to shower and "dress up" for dinner. It also shows a little class which is in short supply with some guys & girls today. Go girl!

Edited: 16 March 2013, 22:10
Fredericksburg...
Level Contributor
233 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Strapless dresses in restaurants

Yes, strapless will be fine.

As twoskip said, you may want to bring a light sweater, the air con can be chilly.

Isn't it so fun to buy new clothes for vacation!

Mobile, Alabama
Level Contributor
495 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Strapless dresses in restaurants

Sarah, strapless sundresses with light cardigans are perfect. Love Kohl;'s for Sandals vacation shopping! Love B'ham, too, as my hubby is always in that area for work. We'll be at SWH May 7th-15th. How about you?

DJ, always like reading your posts - especially because I went to Mary Wash in '88-'92. Miss and love F'burg!

Fredericksburg...
Level Contributor
233 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Strapless dresses in restaurants

DD, how cool. I went to Mary Wash '80-'84.

The 'Burg has grown quite a bit since then, as has Mary Wash!

Birmingham...
Level Contributor
117 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Strapless dresses in restaurants

Awesome, thanks everyone - I'll pull the trigger on those dresses and bring a cardigan along as well.

Lol thanks for the Birmingham shout outs - absolutely love it here. It hit 80 today, and we were all out in our pastel shorts today :) Dolphindiver, we are going the week before you - May 4-11. It's our first Sandals vacation, and we can't wait!

Mobile, Alabama
Level Contributor
495 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Strapless dresses in restaurants

DJ, spent a few days in the 'Burg last May for my 20th reunion. Amazed by the growth of the school & town!

Sarah, maybe we'll meet up for a cocktail while we're there at WH. Our stays will overlap by several days. We can compare sundresses & cardigans. :-) My hubby & I enjoy chatting with Sandals newbies. We love talking about all the properties. I guess so after 200+ nights. LOL!

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
2,241 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Strapless dresses in restaurants

Sarah h: Strapless dresses are fine. My wife wears sun dresses, strapless and otherwise, mini skirts, capris, clubbing tops and such. A light sweater for evenings because as she puts it, "I'm a freezer". Roll Tide.

Rochester
Level Contributor
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Strapless dresses in restaurants

We will be there April 13-19 first time sandals what is a good mens attire?

alabama
Level Contributor
140 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Strapless dresses in restaurants

I agree with eveyone else - you need some sort of wrap. I have not been to Whitehouse yet, November of this year is our trip. This will be our 5th Sandals And oh yes - Roll Tide from the Leeds Moody Area!