We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

April or May

NorCal
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Topic
April or May

Hi all! My husband and I are planning our next trip, for 2014. We've been to Sandals MoBay twice and are now looking to try a different resort. After quite a bit of research (thank you TA and ESPECIALLY these forums) we have decided that SWH has everything we're looking for!

My question (for now) is would there be much of a difference in going early April versus early May? What factors should we consider when settling on trip dates?

Thanks in advance!

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
19,497 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: April or May

May has more rain days than April and with it comes higher humidity. I suggest the 3rd week of April which is the start of low season rates.

Ontario Canada
Destination Expert
for White House
Level Contributor
8,641 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: April or May

You might wish to also consider when Reunion week takes place...usually the week after Easter. It might be busier at the resort then, but as Returnee's you might like to participate in the special events that would be planned!

North Augusta...
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: April or May

What is reunion week?

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
2,310 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: April or May

Paul B: Reunion Week at Sandals properties are designated weeks where the resort will host a number of special events or activities over and above what would be a usual schedule of events. They are kind of designed to give guests a chance to reunite with old friends, make some new ones, etc. We've gone to a few of them over the years, but truth be told, we usually like to go to Sandals to be alone and spend quality time together and NOT mix and mingle with others on a constant basis.

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
2,310 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: April or May

Jen R: One factor to consider for April vs. May. Check when Easter week is in 2014. Air travel will be more expensive, and more busy during that week.

NorCal
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: April or May

Thanks for the replies. I've also considered Sept/Oct to go...but am hesitant because of hurricane season (although we always get travel insurance, plus April/May will be here THAT much sooner.

If we were to go in April it would be well before Easter (which is the 20th next year), as my husbands birthday is early April. In May we could go anytime (my assumption would be to just avoid Memorial day - at least for air).

Is there any difference in occupancy rates during April vs May or even September vs October?

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
2,310 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: April or May

Jen R: For Sandals, we've experienced a few more honeymooners in the April/May time frame compared to September/October. I think in the US you are starting to get into wedding season with the April/May time frame. That's about the only difference...and as long as you avoid Easter week I don't think overall occupancy is that much different. Of course, I don't have any hard data to support my thoughts...just observational opinions.

8. Re: April or May

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 April 2014, 06:17