We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

dive shop

Midland, Texas...
Level Contributor
100 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
dive shop

two months away i guess I am getting excited starting to come up with questions. Will the Dive shop let you use snorkel gear to go do some snorkeling while at the resort?

Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
168 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: dive shop

Hi Scott K,

There is snorkeling gear available but only for use on one of our guided snorkeling tours (which are at no extra cost). We do not recommend guests going snorkeling on their own.

Have a wonderful trip!

Cassie

Sandals Rep.

Midland, Texas...
Level Contributor
100 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: dive shop

Thanks Cassie, we went on snorkel tour last year was just hoping while laying around on beach would go out some. Totally understand.

Mobile, Alabama
Level Contributor
506 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: dive shop

Cassie, my hubby and I are PADI Advanced Open Water divers. We have 7 Specialties, too. We last dove at SGR in September. We're coming to SWH in 25 days and are interested in taking the EFR Course and then getting Rescue Diver certified. We've done a lot of diving in our 26 stays and 200+ nights with Beaches and Sandals and really enjoyed diving with employees like Bancroft Roberts and Wade Bourne. Would you please connect us with the SWH Water Sports Manager, Dive Shop Manager, and/or Dive Team so we can coordinate and plan for our trip and course(s)? We're also interested in doing another Night Dive. We have all of our own equipment, but we're not sure we're going to bring it all on this trip, so we'd like to email chat with someone about what to do/bring and how to prepare. Thank you so much for any help you can offer. I appreciate your time.

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
316 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: dive shop

Dolphin

We are there from 1st to 12th so think we will overlap a bit.

I did my Padi open Water 3 and 1/2 years ago and then went to the Madives and dived quite a bit there.

Not dived since though so going on a Pad refresher next week at my local centre in UK (only in a pool)

Definitely hope to get some dives in then at Whitehouse.

Mobile, Alabama
Level Contributor
506 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: dive shop

Bed, I'm drooling over your Maldives mention. Would love to hear about those dives. I'll buy the first round (wink wink- lol!), and you can tell me all about them. :-) Hope Cassie (the Sandals rep) replies to my inquiry above so we'll have some more dive info in this particular forum.

Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
168 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: dive shop

Hi DolphinDiver, I'm sorry for the late response. I just sent you an email with the information.

Have a great trip!

Cassie

Mobile, Alabama
Level Contributor
506 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: dive shop

Cassie,

Thank you for your message. I'll email Rohan.

All the best,

DD

Sparta, Tennessee...
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: dive shop

The wife and I will be there june 10th thru the 16th. I am taking my certification class for open water now and am going to do the referral dives at SWH. Really excited. Hope to meet and dive with some new people.

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
316 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: dive shop

Scuba Refresher went well last night - it all came flooding back. Be nice to see some fish rather than side of a pool :-)

Out of interest do Sandals provide computers these days or is it chart time ?

Mobile, Alabama
Level Contributor
506 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: dive shop

Beduffshirl, "flooding back" is an interesting phrase when referring to a scuba refresher. LOL!

We've seen charts AND computers at different Sandals resorts. We take both when we travel.

You can contact the resort's dive shop manager directly with questions about gear, classes, prices, etc.