We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Water shoes?

Cincinnati
Level Contributor
18 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Water shoes?

We are wondering about the need for water shoes. I know we will go on the waterfall excursion and just not sure about water shoes. If you bring them, what brand have you found to be best? Cheap ones or is it worth investing in a good pair for repeat visits?

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
2,432 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Water shoes?

NikkiMello: Water shoes, cheap...unless you think you gonna use them in the future. But they are definitely something worth investing in if going of property on water oriented tours/excursions.

Ontario Canada
Destination Expert
for White House
Level Contributor
8,703 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Water shoes?

I would recommend taking water shoes to YS Falls...I didn't have any and found the rocks quite slippery. This last visit I purchased an inexpensive pair to wear to the Pelican Bar...was glad I had them!

Level Contributor
1,896 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Water shoes?

Nikki

We wear Keens on several excursions in Jamaica, other islands/destinations and for outings around home. They are comfortable to wear, they breath, provide good support and are durable. A good investment for us with return visits to YS Falls, Pelican Bar and other locations in Jamaica we have been. Might be worth a look if you plan on repeat visits and excursions or will use them at other destinations. They take up more space/weight in our luggage than other water shoes but they are way more functional and comfortable for us.

Nebraska, United...
Level Contributor
485 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Water shoes?

My husband had these:

http://www.famousfootwear.com/en-US/Product/93830-1026561/BODY+GLOVE/Bky/Mens+Seek.aspx

And loved them! They aren't the finger like shoes, although they do have a place for toes.

I had these:

http://www.famousfootwear.com/en-US/Product/90190-1020056/SPEEDO/Black+_+Hot+Pink/Womens+Beach+Runner.aspx

And I loved them. So so happy we had them. They are necessary at YS Falls.

Milford...
Level Contributor
4,320 posts
652 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Water shoes?

Definitely purchase a pair for a water excursion. Remember seeing the rental pairs at Dunn's River Falls several years ago and were disgusting.

I have a pair of Tevas as well as Keens. We also snorkel and scuba dive so we spend lots of time in and near the water, so we did invest with good pairs.

Enjoy!

6. Re: Water shoes?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 April 2014, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about White House