We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Split honeymoon between Whitehouse and Negril / Ocho Rios

Oslo
Level Contributor
8 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Split honeymoon between Whitehouse and Negril / Ocho Rios

Hey!

We are going on a honeymoon to Jamaica in October. And have decided to stay at Sandals Whitehouse. Planning to stay for 11/12 days. But now we are thinking maybe we should spend 6/7 days at the Sandals Whitehouse, and then take the last days in Negril / Ocho Rios to get the "real jamaica feel" By that i mean experience music on the beach from the locals, maybe the a trip to a local bar etc..

So my question is. 11 to 12 days is that to short stay to split a honeymoon between two areas, and which area depart from Whitehouse is recommend? Do Sandals offer free transport between resorts?

I apriciate all advice :)

Island Routes Caribbean Adventures - South Coast
Boat Tours, River Rafting & Tubing, Swim with Dolphins, Zipline & Aerial Adventure Parks
Minnesota
Destination Expert
for White House, Negril
Level Contributor
13,162 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Split honeymoon between Whitehouse and Negril / Ocho Rios

11 or 12 days would be good for a split. We are currently at SN (sixth time) and love it. We have had locals play music on the beach a couple of times. SWH is our favorite with seven past stays there. So, our direction would be to do a split between SN and SWH, with the longer stay at SWH. Yes, Sandals does provide free transportation between there resorts on a split. Make sure to look at the SWH forums and I also have a current SN On-site forum going. The drive between SWH of ochi is very long and would take a big part of your day. From SWH you can do the tour to the Pelican Bar, there are pictures and posts about it on the SWH forums too.

Apache Junction...
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
10,640 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Split honeymoon between Whitehouse and Negril / Ocho Rios

The only way to get a "real jamaica feel" is to get away from the resort. I'd recommend a split as well, but definitely leave the resort and get out and experience Jamaica.

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for White House, Negril
Level Contributor
13,162 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Split honeymoon between Whitehouse and Negril / Ocho Rios

Definately get out as anod1 says and as I mentioned above. Enjoy deciding.

Ontario Canada
Destination Expert
for White House
Level Contributor
8,659 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Split honeymoon between Whitehouse and Negril / Ocho Rios

We do Sandals splits frequently as long as we are travelling for a minimum of 10 nights. I would recommend doing the split between SWH and SN as they are only approx 1hr 15min apart. If you should split between SWH and Ocho Rios, you are looking at a 3 hour drive in good traffic. We just did a split in January between Sandals Royal Plantation and SWH and I found the drive long...but worth it!

Definitely get out and see the countryside wherever you choose to stay...there is lots to see and experience!

Plymouth, UK
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Split honeymoon between Whitehouse and Negril / Ocho Rios

Hi we are doing a split between Sandals Grand Riviera and Sandals Whitehouse in May. After seeing your post about your split between Royal Plantation and SWH we were wondering if the road trip is along the coast to Montego Bay and on to Whitehouse as we're hoping to book a helicopter ride for the 2nd half of the journey if that's the route - and what time did you set off from SRP and arrive in SWH if you can remember. We're also hoping that Sandals would deliver our luggage to SWH if we're lucky enough to arrange a helicopter share. Many thanks.

Ontario Canada
Destination Expert
for White House
Level Contributor
8,659 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Split honeymoon between Whitehouse and Negril / Ocho Rios

Hi Tony-Juliet....the ride from SRP was along the coast to MoBay. We left SRP at 9:30am and we stopped at Sandals Royal Caribbean in MoBay for a quick rest break, arriving there at 11:00am. We then drove through the interior to Sandals Whitehouse and we arrived there at 12:30pm. Timing for you to go from SGR to the airport would be 90 mins to catch the heli. I'm not certain about your luggage going with Sandals....it's usually the heli company who transports your luggage (by road) for a small fee.

Edited: 02 April 2014, 21:51
Plymouth, UK
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Split honeymoon between Whitehouse and Negril / Ocho Rios

Hi travelpair55 thanks for such a quick reply. That's the route we thought they would take so the airport isn't really going out of the drivers way. Looks like a plan is coming together thanks again!

Nebraska, United...
Level Contributor
485 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Split honeymoon between Whitehouse and Negril / Ocho Rios

Slight hijack-Tony-Juliet, I'm leaving for Plymouth tomorrow! Business trip. I will PM.

Enjoy Whitehouse! It's breathtaking...

9. Re: Split honeymoon between Whitehouse and Negril / Ocho Rios

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 April 2015, 05:15