We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Live at Sandals Whitehouse

Toronto
Level Contributor
100 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Live at Sandals Whitehouse

First morning. Late start. Off to breakfast and a day at the pool.

Had dinner at Eleanor's last night. Service was as good as always. Lamb curry was tasty.

Any questions?

Grand Rapids...
Level Contributor
163 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Live at Sandals Whitehouse

Hi raisedby,

Thanks for your update - we are looking forward to our first ever Sandals trip next January and love the great feedback in the SWH forums. One suggestion - it would be most helpful for us, and likely other members, if you would be willing to post your onsite updates in the "Sandals Whitehouse on-site report and then post-trip report" forum. That will help many of us be able to find the onsite reports in one easy to find location.

We hope you have an awesome vacation, and are so excited to enjoy SWH for the first time!

Toronto
Level Contributor
100 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Live at Sandals Whitehouse

Great day. It poured while we were in guiseppe's for lunch, then the sun came out just in time to head back to the pool!

United States
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
4,125 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Live at Sandals Whitehouse

It is hard to post on the SWH forum while on resort. I had a touch screen, and there are too many pages on that forum, so I found it hard to post there.

To see RBP's posts, just filter the forum to Whitehouse, and you will see it :)

Toronto
Level Contributor
100 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Live at Sandals Whitehouse

Dinner at jasmine's last night. It was very disappointing. People have mentioned that it has improved, but IMO it was really just not very good food court Asian food. I will never return to this restaurant. Of course, the staff were lovely and the service great, so we didn't complain. This just isn't a strength for SWH.

We checked out white night, grabbed some chocolate Martinis, and headed for the comfy seating area and fire pits. Sweet! This area is so beautiful. Later we went up to the martini bar for a little dancing. Fun times.

United States
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
4,125 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Live at Sandals Whitehouse

I found it funny that SWH won an award for its food this year. It was some of the worst food we've had at Sandals, and making me a grilled cheese was quite a challenge. I would think that would come easy at an award winning resort. :)

Did you enjoy the chocolate buffet? I liked the drinks, but the candies were iffy for me, lol. Sounds like you had fun at the Martini bar. Hope you're having a great day today with no rain!

Nebraska, United...
Level Contributor
485 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Live at Sandals Whitehouse

I know it doesn't help much raised, but I wonder if Jasmine's was just having a bad night. That was by far my favorite restaurant! So delicious. I know you have limited nights, but I'd encourage you to give it another try. What did you eat?

nova scotia
Level Contributor
2,022 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Live at Sandals Whitehouse

@raisedbypenguins, my husband would agree with you about Jasmines! Our latest visit he found much better than our last meal there, but I believe that is because he is not really into the 'oriental-style' cuisine...I really enjoyed my meal there. Before that we both found it just 'meh' but this time around I was pleasantly surprised. Thooughly enjoyed the appetizer for two which I ate most o!

Good thing SWH has several dining options to suit everyone's likes/tastes. For example, I don't go away and pay big $$$ to eat pizza but many rave about it!

We did Bluefield's for dinner this trip as it was open in the evenings - I knew in advance to use bug dope beforehand and my meal was good; my husband found his spicy shrimp dish absolutely delicious - I should have ordered that! Given that, I still did not go hungry!

Enjoy your remaining time at SWH... new this year for us as well was Bayside French Bistro - hope you get a chance to try it - we both enjoyed our meals even if service was a bit slower. Just meant more Pinot Grigio during our wait - a wait well worth it!

Edited: 12 July 2013, 00:44
Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
12 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Live at Sandals Whitehouse

@raised by penguins....keep up the posts. Enjoyed hearing as we will arrive there Saturday afternoon late. Keep up the good work and maybe we will run into you there.

Toronto
Level Contributor
100 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Live at Sandals Whitehouse

NEtraveler. Don't think it was just a bad night at jasmines since we had two different appies and mains. Seriously I am not a picky eater but I have had frozen Asian food that was better, as well as the "real" thing in my travels (which I would never expect in the Caribbean).

Today was rainy but enjoyed the rest time. The pool and the ocean are nice and warm, rain or shine! Lots of people were clearly well rested as well because the martini bar was busy and full of dancing couples. The piano sing along was silly and fun and should be tried at least once. Dinner at neptunes which was delicious and and the breeze kept the mosquitos away! We like to eat slowly but they were very worried when we did not order our mains right away. Customer service was a little too good...we just like to relax.

So many nice interactions with the staff. The people really are incredibly friendly and sweet and fun. All in all, the total package adds up to a great vacation which is tough to beat. Anyone worried....don't be.

Jeff, when do you arrive? Are you counting days or hours?

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
12 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Live at Sandals Whitehouse

Raised by penguins, so excited!! Woke up at 4am our time here and could not sleep thinking about the trip. Have about 24 hrs before we get ready to head to airport. We arrive a little before three Saturday afternoon and have set a private car way there. Just wanted to get there a little faster and make it special. This trip we will be celebrating our 30th anniversary on Monday, and staying til the following Saturday. This will be our third trip to a Sandals and to Jamaica. Never been to Whitehouse. Can not wait, and yes, counting hours but almost to min. now. LOL