We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is this crazy?

Nebraska, United...
Level Contributor
495 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Is this crazy?

We're going to SWH in January. We'd like to get in a day trip to Negril while there. We'd also like to do a catamaran cruise, doesn't have to be at a specific destination, just a fun trip. Would it be crazy to see if we can book a cruise to leave from Negril while there for the day? My friend suggested this, but it seems like a busy busy day.

Mentioned in this post
Negril
Negril
Jamaica
Minnesota
Destination Expert
for White House, Negril
Level Contributor
13,268 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is this crazy?

NEt, you can easily spend a day in Negril and a visit to SN. There are several catamaran tours with IR's from the WH. You would be able to book from SN, but would suggest just enjoying SN by itself and doing the catamaran separately.

Mentioned in this post
Negril
Negril
Jamaica
Ontario Canada
Destination Expert
for White House
Level Contributor
8,734 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is this crazy?

NE...you could do a catamaran cruise from SWH on a separate day if you think it would be too much to do in one day at Negril. Or, incorporate the day trip to Negril with one of the catamaran cruises from Sandals Negril. Check out the local tours for each resort on the Sandals site and also on the Island Routes site.

Mentioned in this post
Negril
Negril
Jamaica
Nebraska, United...
Level Contributor
495 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is this crazy?

Yeah, we just want to spend as many days as possible at WH without leaving, but want to get in a couple tours. I"m ok with a full full day of activity, especially if it is rewarded with a day of nothing on the beach at WH!

United States
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
4,154 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is this crazy?

I don't know how early you get up, but we got up "early" and left SWH at 9:30am, and weren't at SN until about 11:00. We ate lunch, walked around and swam, and left around 4pm to avoid rush hour. It was enough time to see the resort, but if you leave for a 4 hour catamaran in the middle, I don't think it would be worth the time and money to go to SN. Our cab ride was $100 round trip which we thought was fine to spend the day there, but again, if you're going to leave SN for most of the day, why take the hour and a half ride there to begin with? I think you should take the catamaran from SWH.

Nebraska, United...
Level Contributor
495 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is this crazy?

That's what I was thinking too BSB. My friend suggested it, so I thought I'd see if anyone else had tried it. Good point on the cab fare-I want to enjoy SN. I think I just need to add another week to my overall vacation, lol.

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for White House, Negril
Level Contributor
13,268 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is this crazy?

I knew you'd come up with an answer, add the week!! Yup, with the cab fare and a one hour drive, I'd stay and enjoy SN, or just do the catamaran from SWH.

roxbury, ma
Level Contributor
9,365 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Is this crazy?

From Whitehouse you can do YS Falls...

Peter Tosh in Belmont and Bluefield Beach...can be done on the way to Negril!

PEACE!

Mentioned in this post
YS Falls
YS Falls
1,738 Reviews
Jamaica
Negril
Negril
Jamaica
8. Re: Is this crazy?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 August 2014, 06:21