We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sandals whitehouse

Which White House hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Geneva, New York
5 posts
Save Topic
sandals whitehouse

My husband and i are going to the white house in january 2014 ,how is the food and is it a good variety and how is the room service menu ,would love to hear from past guests ,thank you

Portland, Maine...
Level Contributor
1,292 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sandals whitehouse

Courtesy of RandB here is a link to all the current menus:

…photobucket.com/user/…

Also here is a copy of the room service menu courtesy of TP55.

https:/…

I have never really had a bad meal at SWH. My favorite rest is Jasmines followed up by Giuseppe's and then Eleanor's. Eleanor's remains one of the most popular mostly because of their steak that people enjoy. I'm not a big seafood fan but there is plenty to be had and I hear Neptune's is especially good for that.

You might also check this thread that was recently started here on TA about Sushi and general SWH food questions:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1009314-i12763-k6…

Sometimes when I post links they don't link properly so you can just copy/paste them if that happens here.

Ontario Canada
Destination Expert
for White House
Level Contributor
8,594 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: sandals whitehouse

The links worked fine JTB!

Jami...we love all the restaurants at Whitehouse and often have a difficult time choosing which one to return to after we've dined at all of them once. I don't eat seafood at all, but my hubby loves all seafood and no matter which restaurant, there are multiple things on the menu for both of us to choose from.

United States
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
4,116 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: sandals whitehouse

Hi Jami. We're neighbors! :)

Have you been to Sandals before? I am vegetarian, and had a pretty hard time at SWH. Sandals has gotten better about providing vegetarian options over the years, but I got the run around a lot here. I had pasta from Guiseppe's several nights that was really good, and the tofu spring rolls at Jasmine's were my second favorite meal. Lunch was the worst meal at SWH, so I'd recommend eating breakfast and dinner, and getting a snack for lunch. Curly fries at Neptune's were very good if you could ever find them! I think they only had them two days while we were there.

Room service was pretty good. It would take about an hour, but the order was mostly right each time (something was missing or one thing was wrong just about every time). The Caesar salad was really good. It's a pretty basic menu in the room.

Haverhill...
Level Contributor
3,915 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: sandals whitehouse

We had very good meals at all the restaurants at SWH. Never had any issues with staff accommodating special requests. They were always willing to make changes and/or substitutions, so no worries! You won't go hungry! And there's always Cafe de Paris to get treats at.........

Do remember that food is a very subjective thing........ but we always found it to be very good!

Geneva, New York
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: sandals whitehouse

thank you so much !!! We have never been to Jamaica before we were having a hard time deciding what resort to stay at ,we have been to turks and caicos and st lucia so we cant wait to go to Jamaica.anything else you could tell us about WH? we are stay in the beachfront penthouse suite .

Ontario Canada
Destination Expert
for White House
Level Contributor
8,594 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: sandals whitehouse

We've stayed several times in that room category and love it!

There are lots of posts on here about SWH which provide really great information. It might be easiest if you ask specific questions which any of us regulars can answer for you, rather than us just providing general information...because certainly I could go on and on about the resort. :)

I will say this...we've been to or stayed at all Sandals resorts and SWH is our top favourite!

United States
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
4,116 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: sandals whitehouse

Did you stay at Sandals/Beaches on the other islands, or is this your first Sandals? Jamaica is great! I'm sure you will love it!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
112 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: sandals whitehouse

We loved SWH and stayed in that suite. The view is fantastic from the penthouse :)

I thought our meals were really good...our best meal came from the candlelight dinner we booked. It was fantastic!!! We loved Eleanor's for breakfast and dinner, we had a very good dinner at Guissepes and there pizza is good for lunch too, we ate at Neptunes our first night and my husband said his seafood was outstanding. I had ribs and they were great too. I really liked the lunch buffet for a lighter lunch of fruit and salad. My husband ate at Neptunes for lunch had a tilapia sandwich that he said was fantastic and I ate his curly fries which were my favorite. We would get bayside late night. Just a snack like French fries or a sandwich. The service was fast...the food was ok nothing special but it hit the spot before bed :). We liked the cafe for desserts and used room service a few times for fruit plates or cheese/meat trays. Our room service was always correct and prompt.

The one thing I think SWH could use would be a pub or snack place. Many times for a snack I would have loved nachos or something like that and either you have to use room service which unless you have butler room it's only going til 10pm or go to the lunch buffet and make yourself some but that's only until 230 so if you want them late you would have to see if bayside would make them for you. That's the only area I think they are lacking in is just a place for snack type foods when u want it.

We liked the drinks, spent our days at the main riviera pool, and hit either Neptunes or the martini bar every night after dinner. We re pretty low key ppl so just hanging out with some entertaining bartenders is good for us. We loved the view from our room and enjoyed walking the beach on the walkway daily. We aren't ppl who like to vacation in the same spot however we had such a fantastic stay at SWH that we booked it again for next July. The staff is truly what make this resort amazing. I can't wait to go back!!!!

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for White House, Negril
Level Contributor
13,075 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: sandals whitehouse

Lots of great links with SWH info, check them out. Here's just one:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1009314-i12763-k5…

Enjoy your stay, SWH is our favorite. Also take a look at the SWH Invasion Crew check-in forum for fun!

Ontario Canada
Destination Expert
for White House
Level Contributor
8,594 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: sandals whitehouse

Dancemom....there is a pub scheduled for SWH (yay!) and it will be located where the games room is currently situated. The hope was for it to be completed this year, but unfortunately I think it has been postponed due perhaps to the $$ spent on Grenada. Definitely a pub will be a great addition!