We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TV channels

East Peoria...
6 posts
Save Topic
TV channels

This is probably an odd question considering we will be in paradise...BUT, we are huge Chicago Bears fans and there is a big game (vs Packers) on ESPN Sunday 11/3 ~ will we be able to watch the game?? Not finding posts regarding TV channels.

Mentioned in this post
Chicago
Chicago
Illinois
Ontario Canada
Destination Expert
for White House
Level Contributor
8,761 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: TV channels

Amy...it's not at all an odd question....lot's of sports fans don't want to miss their games whille on vacation! Aside of tv's in the rooms, there are tv's in the games rooms and in the martini bar. Hubby has watched a bit of hockey during our stays and a bit of football too....just not sure what channels he watched.

I've read a couple of past posts where someone mentioned that SWH does not have ESPN and yet someone else has mentioned there was ESPN and ESPN2.

I do have a channel guide from last year at Sandals Negril...doesn't mean the line-up is the same at SWH, but here is a photo of the guide which does show ESPN as part of the cable line-up:

https:/…

Mentioned in this post
Sandals Negril Beach Resort & Spa
Sandals Negril Beach...
5,791 Reviews
Jamaica
Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
2,541 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: TV channels

Amy C: This much I can tell you...while staying at Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort and Private Island, in the Cricketers Pub and Almond Terrace bar it is common that NFL football and NHL hockey is shown. As travelpair mentioned, I'm just not sure which network was actually being shown. Also, now having said this, the ESPN that I've watched in my room at SRC is NOT the same broadcast content that is running in the US. The content is skewed towards tennis, cricket, soccer, golf, grand prix racing, etc. not the steady diet of US football (college and pro) NASCAR, MLB, etc.

Boston...
Level Contributor
309 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: TV channels

I was not able to watch the Pats on ESPN last December. The tv guide in the room showed ESPN, but the channel it corresponded to was not ESPN. Tried the martini bar and games room, couldn't get it in there either. We ended up using the resort wifi to get a radio stream of the game. Maybe try emailing the resort beforehand and they can set something up?

United States
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
4,162 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: TV channels

SWH definitely has ESPN. My husband would have been crying if they didn't, lol!

SGR actualy has something like NFL Sunday ticket where you can pick the game. They have it in the two main bars. I was not at Whitehouse during football season, and when I asked if SRC had the same set up, I got tons of responses back from different people, all saying none of their resorts had it. Well, I know for sure SGR did because I watched it there, two different years! So this is a long way of me saying I'm not sure, but I would recommend that you get a guest on resort to check for you once football starts. The live games are typically a feed from Florida, so it wouldn't be likely to get Chicago/Green Bay unless it's the night game. That being said, they don't have NFL network, so Thursday Night Football is a no go. And by the way, you're talking to a Lions fan, lol! While we are at SGR, the Lions play the Bears :)

Mentioned in this post
Florida
Florida
United States
Chicago
Chicago
Illinois
East Peoria...
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: TV channels

Thanks to all of you! It is the Sunday Night Football game so we will just keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best! And to BSBgirl - GO BEARS!! :)

United States
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
4,162 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: TV channels

I don't think you'll have any issue getting the Sunday night game. It's the day ones that are hit or miss. And ROAR! Go Lions! :)

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for White House, Negril
Level Contributor
13,279 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: TV channels

We seldom have the TV on, put have seen ESPN. Plus the Martini Bar always has games on, as well as the game room.

Winds Junction, NS
Level Contributor
102 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: TV channels

We are on vacation which means we are on vacation

Edited: 29 August 2013, 03:32
9. Re: TV channels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 April 2018, 23:01
Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
2,541 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: TV channels

Amy C: Here's a thought for you...do you have the watch ESPN mobile app on your favorite devices? I just searched on the app for upcoming shows and ESPN is making the NFL week 1 games available on the app so I think you'd be OK in November too.