We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tell me about the restaurants

uk
Level Contributor
505 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Tell me about the restaurants

Hi, we are visiting for the first time in Feb...

We've been to Beaches 4 times but this is a first at Sandals, so we kind of know what to expect.

Can you share your favourite restaurants and why? Atmosphere, food, good service etc

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
358 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tell me about the restaurants

Eleanor's is beautiful inside and the food is not only gorgeous, it tastes incredible. Eleanor's ranks high for us among all Sandals restaurants we've had the opportunity to try. Our service was also fantastic- both on our own and as a group of six. Both times when we went, we had a short wait to sit inside (outside is also an option and they could have sat us immediately if we preferred outside seating) and we just went up to the martini bar. We'd barely finished our drinks on both occasions before being sat. Have fun! I can't wait to get back to SWH!

Ontario Canada
Destination Expert
for White House
Level Contributor
8,696 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tell me about the restaurants

We love all the restaurants at SWH and make sure we dine at all of them at least once, and if time allows, go back to our favourites. Eleanors is definitely a favourite and we are dining there tonight. Having said that, last night we dined at Bayside (French cuisine) and the night before we dined at Jasmines (Asian cuisine). Both meals were excellent.

There is great variety in restaurants to choose from, not only in food but also in ambiance. Be sure to check them all out...reservations are not required so you can dine whenever the mood hits!

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for White House, Negril
Level Contributor
13,224 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tell me about the restaurants

Ditto TP55, we love them all. Lunch time favorites include Bluefields on the beach and the Jerk Shack. Oh, made-to-order pizza at the Italian Restaurant too. You just need to check them all out. Have fun.

uk
Level Contributor
505 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tell me about the restaurants

Thanks guys, TP55...enjoy your meal tonight!

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
2,429 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tell me about the restaurants

rachieUk: Our favorite was Neptunes. We asked for a table along the beach for the stunning open air views and it was a delight. You might have to wait a bit since there are only a limited number of tables in that section, but for us, it was worth the wait, and the Neptunes bar is adjacent to the restaurant and steps away which is sooooooo nice.

Portland, Maine...
Level Contributor
1,331 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tell me about the restaurants

I think Jasmines won me over for favorite last trip (May) with Giuseppes coming in a close second and Eleanors not too far behind that. As many have said you pretty much can't go wrong at any of them. (and this is coming from a kind of picky typical "burger and fries" American point of view)

Jasmines: there is a beef dish and rice that I really like. I'm not a huge steak guy but these are like steak tips almost, I'd have to look at the menu to remember the dish. I also enjoy many of the appetizers (wife likes the sushi but says it's "just ok") and the hot and sour wonton soup. All in all a great meal, we will go more than once on our next trip.

Giuseppes - we noticed big difference from December 2012 and April 2013 at this restaurant. We are big fans of Italian but walked away not all that impressed in 2012. Then the menu changed for our next trip and we loved it! We enjoy the breadplate they start you out with and usual ask for a second before devouring some spaghetti Bolognese or lasagna. Alan, the restaurant manager I believe, is usually very visible and has stopped by to chat with us on more than one occasion being quite pleased we chose to eat there more than once on our stay. I believe Giuseppes was where we also initially met Federico the food & beverage manager for SWH. It really felt like they worked hard to turn that place around and it paid off.

Elenaors is just consistently fantastic as well.

It's something I've never said but I wish they had a better burger at SWH. That's probably silly to say because who really cares about a hamburger with all the great choices. If I recall the only burger offered is via room service and, while it's not horrible, it's not all that good either. It is consistent with the quality of burgers I've had internationally but not that great. The fries are good, esp the curly fries at Neptunes for lunch!! We need to get a 5 guys burger joint on site at all sandals lol.

Ontario Canada
Destination Expert
for White House
Level Contributor
8,696 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tell me about the restaurants

JTB, you need to head to Bluefields at lunch...they have a great beef burger! Had it the other day for lunch and it was excellent!

Portland, Maine...
Level Contributor
1,331 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tell me about the restaurants

BOOM, thanks for the tip TP, I will do just that! Maybe the menu has changed since May or maybe I just overlooked it but that will certainly be on my list! Have you had the room service burger? Any differences?

nova scotia
Level Contributor
2,041 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tell me about the restaurants

Rachie (and others), regardless of where, ensure you try to local soups.. wow!

uk
Level Contributor
505 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tell me about the restaurants

Some great recommendations there...just bummed that we are only going for a week!

We don't usually eat a large lunch but will def try the Burger and curly fries. May have to pack my gym clothes!

It sounds like all the restaurants are good and we have enough time to try them all.

Thanks again

Get answers to your questions about White House