We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rooms at SWH? Which rooms are best?

Which White House hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
NJ
Level Contributor
212 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Rooms at SWH? Which rooms are best?

Hi All,

Can you tell me what type of rooms are best at Sandals Whitehouse? I'm thinking about going there for my 10th anniversary this summer and no nothing about the property. We stayed at Sandals Antigua last June and it was a AMAZING.. I had the best experience there.

I would like to stay at the new Grenada location -- but there aren't a ton of reviews yet and I know they are working the kinks out. I like that at WH the beach is about 2miles, and private. The huge pool is a plus for me as well. Are the rooms near the beach at WH? That would be great or with it's own walkout pool (if they have one).

Thanks to all who respond!! I love TA forum posters -- they always have the best advice :)

~Chrys

New England
Level Contributor
2,463 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rooms at SWH? Which rooms are best?

What is important to you? Check out the map to decide where you want to stay then look at the rooms in those locations :)

www.sandals.com/main/whitehouse/wh-media/…

NJ
Level Contributor
212 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rooms at SWH? Which rooms are best?

I would like to be near the Piazza and the main pool -- so I guess the Italian Village would be best for us.

I think the French side is too far out for everything, but it really doesn't matter. Walking is good!

Ontario Canada
Destination Expert
for White House
Level Contributor
8,577 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rooms at SWH? Which rooms are best?

All rooms at SWH are ocean front (not necessarily ocean view due to mature foliage or lay of the land).

There are no swim-up suites at SWH. The three large pools are almost on the beach.

"Best" rooms are subjective as what I prefer for a room category and location might be totally opposite to what you like. The largest rooms and the largest balconies are butler category which are located in 2 bldgs in the Dutch and Italian Village. Best sunset views are in the Dutch and French Villages. The most social pool is considered to be the French pool due to its swim up bar and social activities such as pool volleyball. The quietest pool is in the Dutch Village. The largest pool is the main pool near the Italian.

lol...I could go on, but probably best to just answer whatever direct questions you have!

Ontario Canada
Destination Expert
for White House
Level Contributor
8,577 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rooms at SWH? Which rooms are best?

You won't be guaranteed a specific village as it will depend on resort occupancy. But the next step might be to figure out room category. The French Village only has standard rooms. The Italian and Dutch villages have standard, club and butler.

Our preference is the Italian Village for the reasons you mentioned...to be near the piazza and restaurants and main pool. We like club level and we like penthouse rooms for the view.

United States
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
4,113 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rooms at SWH? Which rooms are best?

The most expensive rooms are the best. LOL!

Sorry, I just had to say that. I personally would want to be in the Italian village if I went back. The piazza is where all the restaurants are, and if your room was in the Italian, it would be the closest.

NJ
Level Contributor
212 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rooms at SWH? Which rooms are best?

TravelPair & BSBGirl -- Many thanks!

My husband and I were looking at the layout of WH. I can't tell if its larger or smaller than the Antigua property. Its definitely laid out different in that all the restaurants are grouped in the same area. In Antigua - they are spread out, and very much so. Do you feel that WH is small?? We liked that in Antigua, we could walk all the way across the property to the main area and Kimonos and the spa were very far from the center of things, but it was nice to walk the property at night. Would I have the same feeling at WH? I don't want to feel I'm clustered in to the same area each day/evening.

Edited: 05 February 2014, 22:37
United States
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
4,113 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rooms at SWH? Which rooms are best?

I wouldn't really say SWH is small, but it was frustrating to me that all the restaurants and bars were on the piazza in the same spot (except Bluefield's). I haven't been to Antigua, but it sounds like most of the Sandals where restaurants are spread all over the property. I like that better. I felt like we did the same thing over and over again everyday at Whitehouse. Even if we went to a different restaurant, we had to take the same walk to the same place. I like when resorts are more spread out and I can see different things everyday.

Ontario Canada
Destination Expert
for White House
Level Contributor
8,577 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Rooms at SWH? Which rooms are best?

VacationBound...we've been to SGA and stayed in the Med Village, so I understand what you are saying re the layout of the resort.

SWH is laid out so that the rooms are at one end of the resort (nice and quiet for sleeping) while the main piazza and restaurants are at the other end...with the exception of Bluefields which is in the French Village. You can walk through the beautifully landscaped grounds to get from one end to the other, or you can walk the newer beach walkway which runs all the way from the French Village, past the Dutch & Italian Villages to the main piazza. You will love walking the property daytime or nightime!

anadarko, ok
Level Contributor
871 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Rooms at SWH? Which rooms are best?

VacationBound: We've only been to SN & SWH so I can't compare to larger spread out resorts. We liked the piazza area at SWH. We had a walk out room in the Italian village but requested too floor this year.

United States
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
4,113 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Rooms at SWH? Which rooms are best?

What kind of room are you looking for? Do you have to have a Butler? I definitely didn't spend $6K-$8K on Whitehouse, or any other Sandals in Jamaica actually. Of course you can if you get a Butler room, but we never do.