We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question about day trip to Pelican Bar and YS Falls

Which White House hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
6 posts
Save Topic
Question about day trip to Pelican Bar and YS Falls

Hi all, We'll be travelling to Sandals in May. We'd like to do a lot of relaxing, but I would like to see both YS Falls and the Pelican Bar. Are there any tours that do both in the same day? Or if we hired a private tour driver, could we do both in the same day? Thanks in advance for your replies.

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for White House, Negril
Level Contributor
13,075 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Question about day trip to Pelican Bar and YS Falls

Yes, you can do both in the same day. Take a look at Island Routes web site for scheduled tours. Otherwise a private driver might be the best idea for these two. Take some time to look at a couple of the SWH forums with lots of info about what you're looking for. There is one on SWH Tours and Excursions and one on SWH & the Pelican Bar. Also, look at THE LIST in the upper right for good drivers if you would go that route.

Toronto
Level Contributor
451 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Question about day trip to Pelican Bar and YS Falls

Yes. We booked a private driver(Kingsley James of THE LIST) for YS and Pelican. He picked us up at 9am and we did YS first which was great because we got there before the tour buses so when we left the falls all the buses were arriving. We also were staying at CN which is further away than SWH. Then we caught a boat from black river to go to Pelican....saw wild dolphins on the way, and it wasn't so busy there either.

Totally doable in one day and I highly recommend a private driver because then you can set your own pace. Kingsley was amazing!

Portland, Maine...
Level Contributor
1,292 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Question about day trip to Pelican Bar and YS Falls

Ya mon! I'm so happy you had a great time with Kingsley Toronto! He is my go to driver in Jamaica and we also used him for a private excursion to both the Appleton Rum Estate & Pelican bar on our last trip to SWH. He's great and a good singer too! :)

Roseville...
Level Contributor
1,584 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Question about day trip to Pelican Bar and YS Falls

We did a private driver (Joe Cool) from Whitehouse and did YS Falls, the Black River, AND Pelican Bar. It was all day but definitely a doable excursion. The private driver is the way to go because 1) it's private and 2) you can design your tour and make changes on the fly.

6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Question about day trip to Pelican Bar and YS Falls

Thanks everyone. I think we will definitely do a private driver! Can't wait!

6. Re: Question about day trip to Pelican Bar and YS Falls

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 March 2015, 06:28