We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Retie the Knot?

Which White House hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
620 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
Retie the Knot?

Hello - I am planning to Retie the Knot (10 year anniversary) at the Sandals and chose Antigua as of right now - but I am wondering if anyone did that at the Whitehouse and if so, how did it go? I read what it is about but wondered how it really is and where the best place to do it would be for the best pictures in case we choose the Whitehouse for this instead of antigua (love Antigua but what a pain to get there and come home to PGH!).

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for White House, Negril
Level Contributor
13,075 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Retie the Knot?

We did the RTK in SN/BN last November. It really is fantastic, they do a great job. I'm sure it is the same at all of the Sandals. For SWH, you could do it on the beach, with several great spots available. Also, there are two gazebos that you could use that are on the beach. I would pick the Italian Village gazebo for this function. Congrats on the 10th, where ever you go.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
620 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Retie the Knot?

Thanks. So hard to choose which one since we like the 2 so much.

S Wales
Level Contributor
134 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Retie the Knot?

We renewed our vows at SWH last September along with our grown up children. We had the short service on the beach near the concierge gazebo & then had the refreshments in the gazebo. They did a fantastic job organising the event before we arrived & everything went smoothly. We would thoroughly recommend SWH for this, & of course a few days enjoying the resort!

nh
Level Contributor
247 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Retie the Knot?

We renewed our vows in Antigua back in 2009. They did an absolutley wonderful jog and would recomend doing it there to anyone who asks. We used the people at the wedding desk. They were so nice and accomodating. It was in a nice gazebo in the gardens. Nice and private and very picturesque. Afterwards the photographer took us around the resort for pictures. If it is just the two of you make sure that you mention that you want pictures of the two of you toasting each other and cutting the cake etc. We didn't and he left right after the normal resort pictures. That was the only downfall of the whole trip. We mentioned it to the banquest manager when she asked how our trip was going so far. Didn't know who she was at the time. This was the next day. We were on our way to the pool. When we got back to our room later that day there were rose petals everywhere in the room. A drawn bubble bath. Sparkinling wine set out next to it. A cheese plate and chocolate covered strawberries. Along with a nice note stating this was for the mixup with the photographer. We did not have a butler room so this was not expected.

5. Re: Retie the Knot?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 April 2015, 05:15