We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Returning to WH after 7 years..... What Has Changed?

The Beautifil...
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Returning to WH after 7 years..... What Has Changed?

We were last at Whitehouse in April 2007 and are thrilled to be returning to celebrate our 20th Wedding Anniversary the beginning of December 2014. We still refer to our 2007 trip as the best vacation of our lives. What changes can we expect to see and experience at the resort? We are thinking of taking the helicopter in this time but I'm not convinced its worth the extra $$.

Island Routes Caribbean Adventures - South Coast
Zipline & Aerial Adventure Parks, Swim with Dolphins, Boat Tours, River Rafting & Tubing
Minnesota
Destination Expert
for White House, Negril
Level Contributor
13,255 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Returning to WH after 7 years..... What Has Changed?

RN, maybe start with looking thru a couple of the SWH forums for tons of current info and pictures. Lots has change and been upgrading since 2007. The heli is very expensive, but VERY nice and you get to the WH in under 20 minutes. We have done the heli once and the free shuttle all the other times. Feel free to ask specific questions if you like after checking out the many great SWH forums. I do have a recent set of pictures if you'd like. Good luck on your research.

Innisfil, Canada
Level Contributor
540 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Returning to WH after 7 years..... What Has Changed?

Hello RN!

RandB started a great post about what is new a while ago - take a look - there are many pages and will give you lots of good reading!

tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g1009314-i12763-k51…

We took the helicopter as a special "treat" when we went to SWH. Hubby loved it and thought the experience and the short travel time (ours was 17 minutes!) was worth the money. He still talks about the views! I do not do well with heights and struggled a bit. We only took it one way (arrival) and took the shuttle on the return. I didn't mind the shuttle at all. It was a large comfortable air conditioned bus. I am thinking of booking the heli for hubby when we return for his b-day but I think for our next trip we will either use the shuttle or just a private driver.

Whatever you decide - have a fantastic vacation!

3. Re: Returning to WH after 7 years..... What Has Changed?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 March 2015, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about White House