We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it too early for a November roll call?

Which White House hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Innisfil, Canada
Level Contributor
540 posts
82 reviews
Save Topic
Is it too early for a November roll call?

Our snow is starting to melt (FINALLY!) but even with a glimpse of nice weather all I really want to do is be on a floaty in the Dutch Pool with a frozen drink (any one will do!).

We don't return until November and it seems like forever.

Anyone else doing a Fall trip?

We're back November 15 - 22nd!

Ontario Canada
Destination Expert
for White House
Level Contributor
8,579 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: Is it too early for a November roll call?

hmmmm....not much that isn't a favourite for us at SWH! Top favourite is the terrific staff!

We love the buffet breakfasts at Bayside, walking the beach a couple of times each day, I love aquafit in the main pool and then rewarding myself with a cup of ice cream and fresh baked cookies from Cafe de Paris! We love ordering room service for a late afternoon appetizer while getting ready for dinner and watching the sunset with a glass of wine. Dinners at Giuseppes, dinners at Neptunes, dinners at Eleanors, dinners at Bayside, dinners at Jasmines, dinners at Bluefields....lol. Socializing at the martini bar, socializing at the main pool swim-up bar, going to the butler/club cocktail hour, catching Rory Frankson on the piazza, the Silver Birds in Le Cabaret. Watching the guest and staff talent during talent night. And so much more....!

Elberfeld, Indiana
Level Contributor
32 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: Is it too early for a November roll call?

77 more days till SWH. Found out today that our flight times were changed and would have missed the connection to jamaica. Luckily we caught it and got an earlier flight. From the hotel reviews sounds like the beaches are all repaired. Can't wait to get some jerk chicken.

Ontario Canada
Destination Expert
for White House
Level Contributor
8,579 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: Is it too early for a November roll call?

67 days for our arrival in Jamaica and 77 days until SWH!

sointoit...we just rebooked one part of our split stay to take advantage of an additional spa credit and the amoro bracelet promo offered over labour day. Right now they've reinstated the $500 Island Route credit, so if this wasn't offered when you booked, you are able to rebook to take advantage of it. The caveat is that you haven't yet made final payment, and that your room category is still available. Obviously if your room is now more $ than your original booking, you have to weigh the pros and cons. And depending how far back you booked, the point system might have changed from accumulating points based on the rack rate to now based on the paid rate. But definitely worth looking into!

Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
44 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: Is it too early for a November roll call?

sointoit... same thing just happened to us, actually this is the 2nd time the flight times have been changed, but this one was only giving us 3 minutes to make our connecting flight to Jamaica in the Atlanta airport! We ended up having to get a flight the night before just to ensure we can keep our original flight to Jamaica. 78 days to SWH for us! (are you by chance flying Delta?) :)

travelpair.. thanks for the heads up on the 500$ credit coming up... we recently rebooked to get the 305$ credit, with only having to pay 60$ more on our room rate.. this would be another 105$ increase on the room rate.. not worth the hassle to me :)

alabama
Level Contributor
140 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
35. Re: Is it too early for a November roll call?

Hello Milandralove - I know you will enjoy those floats at the Dutch Pool like we did last year! Our destination is Grenada this year and Barbados next year. Hope to meet up with you again one day. Enjoy!

Elberfeld, Indiana
Level Contributor
32 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
36. Re: Is it too early for a November roll call?

Yes thank you we will look into it.

Yes we are flying delta. :-)

Edited: 04 September 2014, 23:24
Ontario Canada
Destination Expert
for White House
Level Contributor
8,579 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
37. Re: Is it too early for a November roll call?

funat50...will be interested to know what you think of Grenada. We are going there in January 2016 and Barbados next year in January 2015!

Innisfil, Canada
Level Contributor
540 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
38. Re: Is it too early for a November roll call?

Hey Funat50 - I am definately a "floaty fan!" and it was so much fun meeting and putting names and faces together!

We were really looking forward to our trip in November but we have had to cancel - snif! We had 2 new additions to our family - puppies! 2 sounded like a good idea at the time but they are full of energy and being big (mastiff/dane crosses) I simply couldn't ask my parents to look after them for us.

We still have our trip booked for next November (hubby's 50th) that we can dream about! By then my kids will be done school and able to take care of the (hopefully more calm) dogs for us!

I will be looking for your Grenada review. I keep looking at all the other Sandals but Whitehouse seems to have it all for us!

I'm sure our paths will cross again one day!

Ontario Canada
Destination Expert
for White House
Level Contributor
8,579 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
39. Re: Is it too early for a November roll call?

Milandralove...so sorry to hear you have to cancel your Nov trip...was looking forward to saying hi! We'll be sure to have a drink for both of you!

Innisfil, Canada
Level Contributor
540 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
40. Re: Is it too early for a November roll call?

Thanks TP55 - we were sad to cancel but to be honest it was an easy decision - we love those pups to the heavens and back so it would have been hard to leave them at such a young age!

Enjoy your trip!