We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

any last minute advice

Which White House hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
5 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
any last minute advice

We arrive on saturday may 17th and this is our first time to Jamaica. I have booked the club mobay bundle, packed a lot of sun block and bug spray. I have read all the recent reviews and followed the forum for a while now. My wife and I are now getting some anxiety before our first Jamaica/sandals trip.

orlando
Level Contributor
225 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: any last minute advice

newparrisscott,

I think you are going to Whitehouse? Don't worry and have a great time.The line @ customs/ immigration might be your only worry-not sure about your flight and times. It can be a little long during peak times.Then if you are going to Sandals, you step into their lounge after checking in and have a quick beer. the bus ride is a little long but but not as bad as everyone has said. You will think where in the heck am I going and then bus pulls up to the most beautiful place ! People and staff are wonderful. Also food is great-lunches @ Bluefields and Neptunes. Pizza by the pool is great and so is the jerk chicken shack. Try the pastries, macaroons, and ice cream at the French cafe(sorry cannot remember the exact name.) We are going end of November and can't wait! If you really want SWH insiders, RandBTravel and travelpair55 are the people to go to! If it speaks for anything, November will be visit #8 for us. Oh, most restaurants are casual except for Eleanors at dinner, however they do have few tables outside of Eleanors where you can dine without slacks. Have a great trip!!

Haverhill...
Level Contributor
3,915 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: any last minute advice

Because you booked the Club MoBay bundle, you won't have any issues in regards to immigration/customs, etc., that Robinricky above referenced. You'll see an agent holding a sign with your last name on it shortly after you exit the plane, and you are good to go from them on.

Check your anxiety at home and relax! You will have a wonderful relaxing time. Just remember you are on island time with no time schedule to keep. Cafe de Paris is the coffeeshop/bakery that Robin also referred to. Delish! ENJOY!

orlando
Level Contributor
225 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: any last minute advice

winnekini,

Thanks for reminding about Cafe de Paris. I should have mentioned your name as well-sorry. I was in a hurry and totally forgot. All you swh guys are great and keep us up to date. Once again, thanks and keep up the posts. Counting our days till Nov.30! Take care.

Level Contributor
5 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: any last minute advice

Yes we are staying at SWH and our flight arrives at 1130am so I figured there was a good chance the airport would be busy.

The one thing I am a little concerned over is if they offer a fishing trip from the resort? I dont see any on the sandals website and really did not want to book it in advance not knowing what day of the week would be best, I really dont want a schedule to keep to.

NJ
Level Contributor
212 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: any last minute advice

Have fun! Please post if you can on your experience!!

Safe travels!

Ontario Canada
Destination Expert
for White House
Level Contributor
8,594 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: any last minute advice

newparisscott...at one time SWH did offer a fishing trip but I'm not sure if they still do. When you arrive, ask at the Island Routes hut which is just outside of Cafe de Paris. Even if it isn't on their excursion list as a regular outing, they can sometimes arrange it...though I'm pretty sure it would be pricey. Whitehouse is a fishing village, so another option is that you could find out from any of the staff if they know of a local fisherman who could take you out.

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for White House, Negril
Level Contributor
13,075 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: any last minute advice

Newp, sounds like you're all set. Good to hear you have done your research and know what to expect. Tons of info on these forums. Best advise now it to simply enjoy and relax, SWH is fantastic.

Level Contributor
5 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: any last minute advice

Thanks for the info. Cant wait to get there

Level Contributor
5 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: any last minute advice

I must say this place is making us feel very special and we have only been here 1/2 a day.

Ontario Canada
Destination Expert
for White House
Level Contributor
8,594 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: any last minute advice

glad you arrived safely newparisscott and are enjoying SWH...the staff are terrific!

If you have a chance during your stay, please post about what options you found for a fishing trip.

Have fun!