We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Return Sandals guest dinner

Which White House hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cherry Hill, New...
Level Contributor
38 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Return Sandals guest dinner

This will be our second trip to SWH. I have heard that there is a special dinner for the returning guests? What is normally the menu for this dinner and can anyone who has been to one of these events tell more about this please? We will going to SWH for 10 days in July.

Thanks.

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for White House, Negril
Level Contributor
13,075 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Return Sandals guest dinner

Joe, the RGD is a special night to thank guests that return to Sandals. The meal is generally very good, but the menu is always different. There is entertainment and recognition of guests with many stays at different levels. Everyone receives a bottle of Jamaican Rum at the dinner. You sit at a table of eight with one of the Sandals managers sitting at it. It is a good time to meet other guests and ask the manager at your table just about anything about the resort. We have always attended and do enjoy it.

New Market, Virginia
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Return Sandals guest dinner

What night is the RGD at Whitehouse?

New Market, Virginia
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Return Sandals guest dinner

What night is the RGD at Whitehouse?

Haverhill...
Level Contributor
3,915 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Return Sandals guest dinner

The evening starts with a cocktail hour, usually held in the private patio area in front of the ballroom. There will be a bar set up and hors d'oervres served. Someone will usually take a pic or two of each couple. Then the dinner takes place in the ballroom. Usually the GM or HM will give a brief talk and will also award recognitions to those guests who have qualified (silver sandals charms for 35 paid nights, gold sandals charms for 56 paid nights, and free week for 70 paid nights). There is also usually a slide show of the pics of each couple taken before hand. A very nice evening! We also always attend.

Dress is resort evening attire.

Labrador City, NL...
Level Contributor
594 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Return Sandals guest dinner

Pamela, the RGD is on Tuesday nights

Calgary
Level Contributor
4,148 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Return Sandals guest dinner

The SN staff could take a few lessons from SWH about how to conduct their RGD. Still a thorn in my side...nuff said.

Boston...
Level Contributor
280 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Return Sandals guest dinner

Personal opinion here -- it's too formal, almost like a wedding. Gets old fast when there are tons of people getting silver/gold sandals and half the room is struggling to continue clapping. I sat with my favorite staff member, and he was half asleep for the slideshow. Also, every year at the WH return guest dinner, they tell me a pub is coming "next year". Well, apparently it's not :-/.

I actually preferred the SN dinner -- it was casual and not nearly as many people

Calgary
Level Contributor
4,148 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Return Sandals guest dinner

I don't mean to hijack this thread...so forgive me. One comment to ssunn:

We were at the SN RGD last May and loved it as well. We received our invitation, got dressed up and enjoyed the entire evening. All the tables were full, the atmosphere was fun! We met many great people that night. It was long (we left after 3 hrs) but we appreciated meeting the GM and all the top managers. It was nice that they were interested in our opinions. I was looking forward to this year.

Let me just say this...our RGD this year was the exact opposite. Disappointing to say the least...SN needs to send their second/third tier managment to SWH so they can see how to run a great RGD.

Portland, Maine...
Level Contributor
1,293 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Return Sandals guest dinner

We have mixed feelings about the RGD. We've been to a total of 3 of them at SWH (we skipped out on SN's and missed the RGD when staying at SMB). After attending two we decided they just weren't for us and skipped on our third visit. On our second RGD we actually snuck off after the soup because we didn't like our table or the menu. It was funny to see the expression on our butlers face while we walked past him to dine at Neptunes that night haha! He was like, "what, why aren't you at the RGD!" I think it really depends on your table draw so to speak. On our last visit to SWH we elected to goto the RGD again because we were being awarded our silver sandals. At this dinner we had the pleasure of sitting with Krystal from Club Sandals who was great to chat with. We also had quite a few lively couples at our table and had a fantastic evening. So all in all we have re-adjusted our attitude and will probably continue to go in the future. Worst case if we aren't feeling it we will just sneak out to one of the other dining options!

United States
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
4,120 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Return Sandals guest dinner

It totally depends on who is at your table, and which Sandals you're at. SWH doesn't give anything away during the dinner, and just showed a slide show of other Sandals, and talked about adding a Dutch pool bar and Cricketers, which still haven't happened yet, and that was last April. So really, you won't miss anything not going to the dinner.

SGSL's dinner had dancing, and staff came in with a surprise, and it had nice live music during dinner. SGR's is also normally fun, and Brian Roper is funny, so he is just always entertaining. If I were ever at Whitehouse again, I would skip the return dinner. We got there at 6 and didn't leave till 9! We also got our free week, and they didn't do anything special for that either. :(