We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting Married in May 2015 - Reception and Rehearsal Dinner

Philadelphia...
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Getting Married in May 2015 - Reception and Rehearsal Dinner

Hello, I'm getting married next May and was wondering if anyone had any recommendations, tips, or advice on the rehearsal dinner and reception after the wedding. It's hard to imagine what my options are without having visited yet. I plan on visiting in October for a quick trip, but figured I would ask other brides what they've done in the past. We will probably have 50 people or so total and I envision having a welcome dinner (rehearsal) and something on the beach. Not sure. Are there options? Thanks a lot! Lisa

Georgia
Level Contributor
2,735 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting Married in May 2015 - Reception and Rehearsal Dinner

Congrats!!! Might want to also check the Sandals message board as they now have one on weddings. Don't worry, lol I know how it is as I also got married at another place in JA in 2006. Even being just the 2 of us I had a lot of stress before hand about the not knowing what to expect part lol and I am pretty laid back. Trust me these places are experts on weddings and will take care of everything so relax! JA. is a perfect spot for a weddingmoon:)

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for White House, Negril
Level Contributor
13,170 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting Married in May 2015 - Reception and Rehearsal Dinner

Lisa, SWH does a great job with their weddings, we have seen many of them. We haven't done a Sandals wedding, but have done the Vow Renewal and it was fabulous. Therefore I believe the weddings are just as grand if not even better. The wedding staff at Sandals is great. Lots of options, and many on the beach. Contact them for any details.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
10,384 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting Married in May 2015 - Reception and Rehearsal Dinner

SWH is isolated on the Jamaican South Coast. Here is the sat image: wikimapia.org/…b You can zoom in and out, if you wish.

My guess is that you will probably use the SWH dining facilities and resources for your dinners.

Ontario Canada
Destination Expert
for White House
Level Contributor
8,669 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting Married in May 2015 - Reception and Rehearsal Dinner

There are several locations at SWH for the reception and rehearsal dinner. There are several ballrooms as well as a fairly private outdoor courtyard area (for those who have been there, I'm referring to where we all have cocktails prior to the Returnee's Dinner). I've also seen smaller wedding dinners take place near the portico of Bayside Restaurant. And a loud reception which took place at the beach area of French Village on the other side of Bluefields (this didn't make me happy as it impacted the quiet dining experience at Bluefields)

Sandals Whitehouse does weddings and receptions very well...you won't be disappointed!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting Married in May 2015 - Reception and Rehearsal Dinner

Hi Lisa - I got married there this past May 4, 2014 and we had 48 guests with us down there. I understand how nerve wracking it can be to try to coordinate everything from afar and leave it up to them! I am an event planner in Chicago, so it was a huge struggle for me! But I promise you they are wonderful at what they do and everything will go off without a hitch. The only hiccup we had was our violin player got in a car accident on the way to the ceremony, but they were quick to let me know and we found a quick fix and they brought out speakers and a cd player with the same songs she was supposed to play. We had our wedding by the Italian Beach and the reception past Bluefields by the French Beach as there is a large open spot on the beach without anything else around and it left plenty of room for all the tables, DJ, dance floor, etc.

Here is a link to our photos which might help you envision things https://www.facebook.com/media/set/… and feel free to private message me if you have any questions about the wedding, bringing stuff down there, etc. It is tough to plan everything ahead, but I promise it all is doable!!

Congrats on your upcoming wedding!

6. Re: Getting Married in May 2015 - Reception and Rehearsal Dinner

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2015, 05:17