We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tour of Sandals Negril and Pelican Bar

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
670 posts
74 reviews
Save Topic
Tour of Sandals Negril and Pelican Bar

Going to Sandals Whitehouse in November. Are there any tours that do both Pelican Bar and Sandals Negril? If so any recommendations of who t use and price?

Haverhill...
Level Contributor
3,933 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tour of Sandals Negril and Pelican Bar

Pelican Bar is much closer to SWH and more southwest - opposite direction from Negril. There is a tour offered thru Island Routes out to the PB that I believe leaves directly from the resort. Otherwise, you need a driver to get you to Treasure Beach and then you need to have arrangements for a boat out to the PB. You could also hire a private captain to transport you - not sure if they are allowed to pick you up at SWH though. And you could also hire a private driver to take you to Negril - you could spend the day at SN, visit Rick's Cafe and the cliffs area, and then have them drive you back to SWH. It's about 1-1/2 hrs each way between SWH and Negril. Check out The List in the upper right corner of this page from private drivers, etc. We have used Captain Dennis out to the PB - great guy! Have gone with him twice now.

Mentioned in this post
Negril
Negril
Jamaica
United States
Level Contributor
12,663 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tour of Sandals Negril and Pelican Bar

"Are there any tours that do both Pelican Bar and Sandals Negril?"

Never heard of one tour like this. It would be like looking for a tour to Youngstown and Johnstown in one day. You probably want to go to these two places on two different days as two separate tours.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
670 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tour of Sandals Negril and Pelican Bar

Ok. I wanted to see sandals Negril to see if I ever wanted to go there but u think i would rather go to the Pelican Bar. I don't want to waste all that time on 2 different days. I hate to leave the resort at all so maybe this trip I do Pelican Bar and maybe someday visit Negril. It is hard to book a trip to Negril when we live the whitehouse do much. I wouldn't want to be disappointed.

Mentioned in this post
Negril
Negril
Jamaica
Minnesota
Destination Expert
for White House, Negril
Level Contributor
13,268 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tour of Sandals Negril and Pelican Bar

You can always check-out SN, it is a nice place, but with your thoughts on not going to leave the property more then one day I would do the Pelican Bar trip. SN is one hour west of SWH and the PB is about one hour east of SWH. It would be pretty hard to get it done in one day. As far as the PB, you can do the Island Route's tour that leaves from the SWH dock, or you can do the trip with a private driver. If you do the private driver then what you would do is have the driver bring you to the town of Parottee and that's where you can catch a 10 minute boat ride to the PB. Check-out THE LIST in the upper right corner of this page for good drivers that can easily do the PB trip. They all know about the Pelican and where Parottee is at. The Pelican is truly one of the very unique Jamaican experiences. Good luck.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
670 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tour of Sandals Negril and Pelican Bar

Thanks, I definitely want to hit the PElican Bar - it looks so cool. I know they ahve Red Stripe - do they have anything else for non-beer drinkers? Run punch or something like that. Just wondering. How much $ should we bring?

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for White House, Negril
Level Contributor
13,268 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tour of Sandals Negril and Pelican Bar

They do have a Rum drink and then the Red Stripe. Beer is $4 per bottle, not sure about the Rum. They also have great cooked on-site fish and lobster, about $15. Bring small currency (U.S. is fine) as they don't have much for change out there.

7. Re: Tour of Sandals Negril and Pelican Bar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 July 2015, 06:17