We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jamaican Lemonade

Springfield, OH
Level Contributor
362 posts
88 reviews
Save Topic
Jamaican Lemonade

Whatever you do, get a Jamaican Lemonade. We have become addicted to these and make them at home. Very light and refreshing.

Labrador City, NL...
Level Contributor
594 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jamaican Lemonade

what is in them?

Connecticut
Level Contributor
9,804 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jamaican Lemonade

The lemonade is not alcoholic (but it could be if you add some rum).

Ingredients

8 cups cold Water

8 juicy Limes (you may need 1 or 2 more)

1 juicy Lemon

2 cups Brown Sugar, packed

2 Tbsp Molasses

Method

1. Juice enough limes and 1 lemon to make 1 cup of juice

2. Add brown sugar, juice and molasses to the water and stir until all the sugar has dissolved

3. Pour in a pitcher and refrigerate

You can find a retail version delivered in cans instead of making it.

Springfield, OH
Level Contributor
362 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jamaican Lemonade

Basically they just shook fresh lemons with ice and water, added simple sugar and Rum. It was so good, light and refreshing. It's like the lemon shakeups you get at fairs, etc but with Rum added. YUM!!!

Edited: 14 July 2014, 22:59
Ontario Canada
Destination Expert
for White House
Level Contributor
8,616 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jamaican Lemonade

I ordered a Jamaican lemonade almost each day by the pool at SWH, but it was without alcohol (my choice).

I learned very quickly at another Sandals resort, that whenever I ordered lemonade, I was given a Sprite. So I always make sure to say a Jamaican lemonade in order to get the lemonade I'm accustomed to at home.

5. Re: Jamaican Lemonade

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 July 2015, 07:15