We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to Mui Ne from Hoi An/ Vietnam itinerary

Which Mui Ne hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
london
Level Contributor
6 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Getting to Mui Ne from Hoi An/ Vietnam itinerary

Hello

I think this topic has been discussed a lot but I wanted to clarify the quickest/easiest way to get to Mui Ne. We are going to go to Hoi An first and are thinking of flying to either Nah Trang or Ho Chi Minh to get to Muie Ne. We want to go the quickest way as our time in Vietnam is short - although we dont want to pay too much for that privelege either!

Our itinerary so far:

Land in Hanoi - spend 4 nights there, including an overnight stay on a boat in Halong Bay

From there fly to Da Nang, cab to Hoi An. Spend 3 nights there

From Hoi An we want to go to Mui Ne - 3 nights

Then from Mui Ne to HCM (which we think we will get a cab?!)

3 nights in HCM to include the Cu Ci tunnels.

Hopefully that covers most of the key highlights of Vietnam in 13 nights.....

Any thoughts gratefully received!!

(We are off at the end of September/ beginning October)

Phan Thiet, Vietnam
Destination Expert
for Phan Thiet
Level Contributor
1,413 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Getting to Mui Ne from Hoi An/ Vietnam itinerary

rosie,

I just checked for you. Tam Hanh and Sinh Cafe both have buses leaving Nha Trang at 13:00 and Phuong Trang has a 14:30 bus. That will give you a chance to have lunch before getting on your bus to Phan Thiet.

They all arrive in Mui Ne about four hours later and in Ham Tien about 4 1/4 hours later. Unless you are staying at the Pandanus Resort, the Nam Chau, the Malibu, or the Siva, you will not be in Mui Ne, but rather in Ham Tien or Phu Hai.

Edited: 02 June 2010, 05:16
london
Level Contributor
6 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Getting to Mui Ne from Hoi An/ Vietnam itinerary

Thanks - if you are able to check to put my mind at rest that would be great.... I am not sure where I could do it from the UK? Thanks again!

london
Level Contributor
6 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Getting to Mui Ne from Hoi An/ Vietnam itinerary

Sorry I missed that you checked! Thanks so much, much much appreciated!

Beijing
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Getting to Mui Ne from Hoi An/ Vietnam itinerary

Hi Steve,

Would it be possible to catch a bus to Mui Ne if my flight from Hanoi to Nha Trang arrives at 13:10? Thanks in advance!

Phan Thiet, Vietnam
Destination Expert
for Phan Thiet
Level Contributor
1,413 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Getting to Mui Ne from Hoi An/ Vietnam itinerary

traventur,

As yours is a domestic flight, you should be able to get out of the airport rapidly. Take a taxi to the Phuong Trang office in Nha Trang and catch their 14:30 coach to Phan Thiet.

16. Re: Getting to Mui Ne from Hoi An/ Vietnam itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 December 2010, 05:16