We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mui Ne microclimate? - Rain in August?

Which Mui Ne hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
uk
Level Contributor
55 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Mui Ne microclimate? - Rain in August?

I understand that Mui Ne has an unique microclimate and gets much less rain in August than nha Trang. But how much is much less? Should we expect, in August, a heavy shower every day, or continual rain?

Thanks for your replies

Phan Thiet, Vietnam
Destination Expert
for Phan Thiet
Level Contributor
1,424 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Mui Ne microclimate? - Rain in August?

Jcsb,

Before the rain started on Saturday night, it did not rain in Mui Ne for a week. The last rain we had prior to this weekend was on the previous Saturday night. You've just been unlucky.

pacific palms
Destination Expert
for Mui Ne
Level Contributor
9,432 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Mui Ne microclimate? - Rain in August?

jcsb thats an unfortunate weather report. I shall be there at the end of August so I hope for my sake it has finished. Can you tell me what hotel you stayed in that had no beach at full tide. Thanks Ross

uk
Level Contributor
55 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Mui Ne microclimate? - Rain in August?

That's strange, we are just about to leave Mui Ne (Blue Ocean Resort) after four wonderful days - only yesterday was a washout, and we were out visiting the big buddha and the Cham Tower so it made no difference. I have been impressed by the lack of rain considering the season. Mui Ne is lovely, for anyone wishing to visit.

14. Re: Mui Ne microclimate? - Rain in August?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 February 2011, 05:16