We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Name of train station to connect with Northbound trains?

uk
Level Contributor
55 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Name of train station to connect with Northbound trains?

Sorry for the question but the English version of the railways website has been down for ages. Can anyone help with the name of the train station we need to get to from Mui Ne in order to connect with Northbound trains. (I understand it is about an hour away). Also does anyone know a website with the timetable and fares for the Vietnamese Railways in English that is working.

Thank you for your time and help,

Tracy

White Sand Dunes
Points of Interest & Landmarks
Mui Ne Harbor
Points of Interest & Landmarks
Red Sand Dunes
Geologic Formations
Llanbrynmair...
Level Contributor
14,911 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Name of train station to connect with Northbound trains?

Unfortunately it seems there are no stations between Saigon and Nha Trang - it will take you about 5 hours to get to Nha Trang by bus from Mui Ne.

Click on the following link and scroll down to the northbound timetable, which is followed by information on fares. I'm not sure how up to date the fares are, but they should be close enough to give you an idea of what to expect.

seat61.com/Vietnam.htm#Northbound%20timetable

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
4,422 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Name of train station to connect with Northbound trains?

The station is Muon Man, approximately 20k outside Phan Thiet - you would need to get a taxi from your resort to Muon Man and join the northbound train from there.

uk
Level Contributor
55 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Name of train station to connect with Northbound trains?

Aah....that's the one, someone mentioned it to me, but without a decent timetable I didn't know how it was written.

Many thanks,

Tracy

Phan Thiet, Vietnam
Destination Expert
for Phan Thiet
Level Contributor
1,476 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Name of train station to connect with Northbound trains?

Tracy,

The name of the station is actually Muong Man.

Although I always recommend the train for people coming from Saigon to Phan Thiet, the trip north is much more convenient in a coach. The coaches will pick you up right at your resort and head north to connect with the main highway at Luong Son. If you go from your resort to Muong Man, you will be backtracking, so the trip will take up to two hours longer if you count the taxi to the station and the wait at the station.

Edited: 08 July 2010, 10:28
5. Re: Name of train station to connect with Northbound trains?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 January 2011, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Mui Ne