We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommenvdations of Kitesurfing school ??

Which Mui Ne hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sao Paulo
Level Contributor
22 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Recommenvdations of Kitesurfing school ??

Hello,

We are in Mui Ne right now looking for a Kite surf School.

We had never done it before.

Can anybody recomend any good school?

Why does the prices varies so much between them?

Tks

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
4,422 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommenvdations of Kitesurfing school ??

Windchimes is the most reputable and best equipped - call Mr Trang on 090 972 0017.

Phan Thiet, Vietnam
Destination Expert
for Phan Thiet
Level Contributor
1,432 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommenvdations of Kitesurfing school ??

Tchuria,

Jibes is the oldest and most popular. Pascale, the owner of Jibes is the man most responsible for the popularity of kite surfing here and was the organizer of the recent international kite surfing competition.

However, as C&G says, Wind Chimes is also excellent.

Either of these two would be good choices.

Edited: 23 March 2011, 03:40
pacific palms
Destination Expert
for Mui Ne
Level Contributor
9,475 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Recommenvdations of Kitesurfing school ??

I would go along with Steve in saying that Jibes has the best set-up. There is someone else I have been watching and that is Mr. Lee's Kitesurfing School next to Suoi Tien Resort . There are many along the Ham Tien Resort strip but I was particularly struck by the girl instructor at Mr. Lee's. Its only a small setup and I think offers good value. It's also on the best part of the beach. I would avoid the schools at the western end of Ham Tien I have heard bad reports about safety there. Anywhere from Coco Resort to Shades has better scope beachwise for this sport.

Cheers Ross

4. Re: Recommenvdations of Kitesurfing school ??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 24 April 2016, 22:35
pacific palms
Destination Expert
for Mui Ne
Level Contributor
9,475 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Recommenvdations of Kitesurfing school ??

Single post recommendations with no profile or avatar doesn't help raising the profile a a KiteSchool.

Ross

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
4,760 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Recommenvdations of Kitesurfing school ??

Hi, like bowenarrow, we like Mr Lees kitesurfing school. Fantastic guy. My husband bought his kite from him and just hired the board and harness etc. Very friendly, knowledgeable and extremely helpful.

Would highly recommend him.

He does not have all the fancy setup but will certainly spend the time with you.

cheers

Viv

Stoke-on-Trent...
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Recommenvdations of Kitesurfing school ??

I have lived in Mui Ne for nearly 8 years now, so here are my thoughts for kiteschools in Mui Ne.

Jibes-Great school, the first to be established, very professional, focus is on safety and getting you riding knowing what you are doing.

C2SKY-Friendly school, fun atmosphere, always things going on whilst your waiting for the wind. Again professional school giving good lessons.

K-N-S- This schools has a lot of water sport experience, again safety is taken very seriously, and they have a huge teaching area, be aware when learning a good sized teaching area makes it far more relaxing to learn land and launch.

Sankara-Beautiful setting, great location, alot of regular kiters use this spot so there is always some one to talk to about kiting and maybe get some tips. All the instructors are at a very high level of teaching, and you will have a great time learning here.

Mr Lees, again this is a simple school with no frills, you get what you see, good lessons and usually at a little cheaper price, but as I say its a no frills school, less atmosphere but good lessons and slightly cheaper than the rest.

Those would be my top recommendations for schools in Mui Ne, there are many more, but be aware there are reasons why I don't recommend them in this post.

If your new to mui ne or looking for advice on schools, kitesurfing, etc all in Mui Ne, there is this nice site giving lots of info, www.kitesurfingmuine.com

You can read and even leave reviews on the schools, so more likely to be accurate information.

8. Re: Recommenvdations of Kitesurfing school ??

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11 August 2011, 09:37
9. Re: Recommenvdations of Kitesurfing school ??

Removed on: 11 August 2011, 17:05
London, England...
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Recommenvdations of Kitesurfing school ??

Have you had any experience with Storm kite school?