We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi from Saigon Airport

Which Mui Ne hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Zurich
1 post
Save Topic
Taxi from Saigon Airport

Can anybody tell me where I can book a taxi or private car from Saigon / Ho Chi Minh Airport directly to Mui Ne / Phan Thiet? I heard this was the best/fastest way to get there. And any idea what that might cost?

Thanks in advance!

pacific palms
Destination Expert
for Mui Ne
Level Contributor
9,359 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi from Saigon Airport

Hi Martina. The cost of private car from HCMC to Mui Ne area (Phan Thiet, Ham Tien or Mui Ne ) is around $100.00.

Hiep Hoa Resort at Ham Tien have at the moment a fare of $100 for the coming season with the exception of Tet Lunar New Year holiday in late January early February.

I dont know what your budget is or when you expect to travel but I am staying there at the moment for $20 a night double. It is beachfront right in the centre of the restaurant strip.

The car is only about 20-30 mins quicker than the coach but gives you the opportunity to stop where you want. Phoung Trang Coach will cost you around $6.

If your interested look at Hiep Hoa on the panel to the left and make comparisons that suit what you are after.

Cheers Ross

Langkawi, Malaysia
Level Contributor
722 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi from Saigon Airport

I just paid $75 a few weeks back for private car from Dist 1 to Mui Ne. You can also get the train from HCMC to Phan Thiet .Look at seat61.com , costs about $14

3. Re: Taxi from Saigon Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 November 2014, 12:09
4. Re: Taxi from Saigon Airport

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 29 January 2012, 16:35
Sydney, Australia
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi from Saigon Airport

i will be arriving in saigon airport at 11pm can anyone tell me are there still taxi around that time?

Thanks/karen

Phan Thiet, Vietnam
Destination Expert
for Phan Thiet
Level Contributor
1,407 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi from Saigon Airport

Syd,

There are taxis at Saigon airport until the last flight arrives (Usually around 2AM), then before the first flight arrives in the morning around 5AM.

There may be taxis at the airport 24 hours a day, but I personally haven't been there between 2AM and 4:30AM, so I'm not entirely sure.

Edited: 29 December 2011, 03:51
pacific palms
Destination Expert
for Mui Ne
Level Contributor
9,359 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi from Saigon Airport

Hi Karen. Are you proposing to travel straight on to Mui Ne ? These posts are in response to an enquiry for travel to Mui Ne. If you are proposing to travel to Mui Ne direct you would need to book the Taxi in advance and also advise your Hotel of the late arrival.

Otherwise as Steve says you will be OK for a taxi into HCMC at that hour.

Make sure you take a Mai Linh or Vinasun taxi as they are the most reliable and safe. There is a public bus but it stops at 6.pm.

Cheers Ross

Edited: 29 December 2011, 04:20
Hue, Vietnam
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi from Saigon Airport

The best way is you have a private car to pick you up at aiprort and transfer to Mui Ne. 4 seats car is about $130. It is more advantage than taxi

9. Re: Taxi from Saigon Airport

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 02 January 2012, 08:35
10. Re: Taxi from Saigon Airport

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 November 2014, 12:09