We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Malaria tablets

Which Mui Ne hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kent,UK
Level Contributor
35 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Malaria tablets

Has any one that's been to Mui Ne taken malaria tablets ? I've been told you don't require them but just want to be sure .

Llanbrynmair...
Level Contributor
14,706 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Malaria tablets

None needed in Mui Ne, nor in most places in Vietnam nowadays.

Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
7,575 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Malaria tablets

agreed..... As long as you are in Mainstream Vietnam..... no malaria tablets needed.

Owee

www.owee58.com

Leigh-on Sea...
Level Contributor
3,656 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Malaria tablets

take a look at the World Health website and you will see that only small areas in the Mekong Delta and in the Central Highlands on the Cambodian border is there malaria.

I didn''t notice any sort of insects in Mui in Feb.

pacific palms
Destination Expert
for Mui Ne
Level Contributor
9,428 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Malaria tablets

If your sensitive to bites just bring something to prevent sand fly bites that sometimes lurk in sand floor restaurants. These are not serious just an occasional nuisance. I have had no experience of mosquitos being a problem in all the years I've been coming to Mui Ne.

Cheers Ross

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Malaria tablets

I wouldn't take malaria tablets but make sure you have a good insect repellent.

6. Re: Malaria tablets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 February 2013, 10:18