We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tam Hanh Bus Company

Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Tam Hanh Bus Company

AVOID using this bus company. They charge foreigners a lot more than the local people BUT cram all foreigners to the back of their buses for the long journey to HCMC where by lunchtime there is very poor air con at the rear of the bus. If you want to sit elsewhere, the man in the pink shirt who is the organiser can get violent....throw your bag on the street and then man handle with closed fist!! Great customer service...NOT!! This has been my personal experience!

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
8,489 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tam Hanh Bus Company

Seem to remember your previous posts........... same same. Post one, fine. Post many on the same subject, is looked on as Spam. And suspicious!

Edited: 25 March 2012, 10:05
Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
4,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tam Hanh Bus Company

Especially, since all previous posts seem to have vanished. So will this, I think.

pacific palms
Destination Expert
for Mui Ne
Level Contributor
9,582 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tam Hanh Bus Company

I think this post should be left as it indicates an incorrect position. Tam Hanh is a good service, I have used it many times with no complaints. There is another with a similar name that I couldn't recommend. I think the poster should provide details of the seat No and day of travel so it can be checked with Tam Hahn.

Cheers Ross

1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Tam Hanh Bus Company

Very bad experience of this company for me. Booked bus from HCMC to Mui Ne (8am 12th Feb 2013) - first they didn't pick us up from hotel as arranged, then when we walked to bus station they had oversold the seats. Gave me a broken plastic chair which kept collapsing to sit in the aisle. When I tried to stand at any point because the chair kept folding up, shouted at me very aggressively. Will not use again.

vietnam
Destination Expert
for Nha Trang
Level Contributor
6,060 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tam Hanh Bus Company

Have to agree they are not very good and a small company. I said a few years ago I would never use them again but was forced to just before TET as they were the only company with a seat. Seating night bus HCMC to Nha Trang took 13 and a half hrs and more than double the normal price. Chaos prevailed especially in Mui ne where they did not seem to know who they were dropping of or picking up. Spent over an hour there sorting that out.

Phan Thiet, Vietnam
Destination Expert
for Phan Thiet
Level Contributor
1,467 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tam Hanh Bus Company

Like Ross, I have used this company on numerous occasions without incident. That said, their buses tend to be older and dirtier than Phuong Trang. I think there is added pressure on all these companies around tet, so I can understand if some of their staff get frustrated and a bit surly.

pacific palms
Destination Expert
for Mui Ne
Level Contributor
9,582 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tam Hanh Bus Company

This is strangely out of character and I wonder if its not the same coach company I referred to earlier on Tam Hanh. I have never been on Tam Hanh when they picked up passengers from Hotels. I would need more than a single complaint from a one time poster with no Avatar or profile to make me avoid Tam Hanh.

Ross.

Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Ho Chi Minh City
Level Contributor
4,764 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tam Hanh Bus Company

I used Hanh Cafe (don't know if it's the same company) from Nha Trang to Mui Ne and apart taking forever there was nothing unusual.

They are also the only one with office in central Ham Tien, Phuong Trang is very far away.

I checked for a ticket to Saigon and it seems price just doubled for TET...:-(

Phan Thiet, Vietnam
Destination Expert
for Phan Thiet
Level Contributor
1,467 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tam Hanh Bus Company

Maurizio,

Hanh Cafe and Tam Hanh are different companies. All the companies increase prices during tet, so that may be what this contributor is referring to when he says that they "Charge foreigners more than the local people".

pacific palms
Destination Expert
for Mui Ne
Level Contributor
9,582 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tam Hanh Bus Company

Tam Hahn has an office in the front of Mui Ne Backpackers or Vietnam Austria House as it is now known, the last time I looked, on the resort strip at Ham Tien.

Cheers Ross

Get answers to your questions about Mui Ne