We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mui Ne worth a couple of days?

Melb,Aust.
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Mui Ne worth a couple of days?

We are travelling with our kids (9 and 13), so wondering if Mui Ne is worth a couple of days, or would it be better to spend more time in Nha Trang. We aren't into kite surfing.

Phan Thiet, Vietnam
Destination Expert
for Phan Thiet
Level Contributor
1,446 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mui Ne worth a couple of days?

Phan Thiet is very different than Nha Trang, so if you wish to see a different type of beach destination, where the resorts are actually on the beach, rather than across a road from the beach, then come to Phan Thiet. It is particularly worth it if you are travelling from Nha Trang by bus, as Phan Thiet is mid-way to Saigon and that would break up a very long bus trip. I suggest choosing one of the kid friendly resorts, like Bamboo Village, Blue Ocean, Pandanus ....

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
6,804 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mui Ne worth a couple of days?

what are you looking for? and how long do you already have alotted for Nha Trang? and when are you going?

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
8,425 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mui Ne worth a couple of days?

The beach sand and dunes is well worth visiting.

pacific palms
Destination Expert
for Mui Ne
Level Contributor
9,533 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mui Ne worth a couple of days?

Mui Ne with kids of that age is well worth a visit. I'm sure they would enjoy the dunes if only to see how VN kids their age going about their business of hiring slides. Another great trip for kids would be to see the Ke Ga lightouse. Ho hum you might say but this is a lighthouse that you get to by boat (several hundred metres offshore) and an exicting ride out through the large boulders along the shore. Real pirate stuff.

Just an explanation about Mui Ne. This is a fishing town and has a few Resorts but it is also a ward of Phan Thiet along with Ham Tien the principal Resort ward.

Worth it- as an Aussie myself I would say yes .

Cheers Ross

Sydney
Level Contributor
4,046 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mui Ne worth a couple of days?

Hey MM,

Its not all kite surfing. There are other watersports on offer as well. I think Mui ne (Ham tien) is pretty kid friendly. The streets are safe, its nearly impossible to get lost as it is a long stretch of road/shops/resorts running parallel to the beach. The kids will enjoy some live music in a few of the restaurants and probably enjoy the laid back pace as well.

As Steve says, it nicely breaks up the trip from Nha trang to Saigon.

I'm with Ross, just do it :-)

IMO,

Mark

Phan Thiet, Vietnam
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Mui Ne worth a couple of days?

Children are influenced by fairytales. Fairy Spring, White Sand Dunes, Red Sand Dunes, Poshanu Towers... in Muine are worth visiting for your family.

Melb,Aust.
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Mui Ne worth a couple of days?

Hey, thank you all so much for your responses! You have convinced me, and we will definitely stay for 2 nights in April. I have also read a lot of the responses to previous questions, particularly travel options between Saigon and Phan Thiet / Mui Ne. There is a great wealth of info that has helped heaps with our planning. We are really excited about our first trip to Vietnam!

8. Re: Mui Ne worth a couple of days?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 January 2014, 06:17