We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel located off the beachfront

Melbourne Australia
Level Contributor
146 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel located off the beachfront

Could someone suggest a hotel a bit away from the beachfront, We like to sleep at night without the fear of a tsunami - yes a bit naff I know. We do this wherever we go and have always ended up staying somewhere that has turned out to be quite lovely . We are going by train from HCMC to phan thiet stay a few days and then back in the train to Nha Trang stay a few days and then back on the train to phan thiet stay a few more days and then back to HCMC. Grateful any advice. Thanks

Sydney
Level Contributor
4,046 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel located off the beachfront

Hey Belle,

I stay in a bungalow at the Hiep Hoa in Mui ne and it is 1 1/2 metres from the sand. I must admit I have occasionally entertained the thought of a tsunami washing me from my digs but when I weigh this up with the serenity of the lapping waves and the peacefulness, the decision is easy.

There are beachfront hotels with a 2nd storey which would be safer than ground level accom over the road anyway.

Just a thought.

Mark

Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Ho Chi Minh City
Level Contributor
4,763 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel located off the beachfront

All Mui Ne is flat, windy and with very little sandy beach.

The first two b&B on TA list are on a hill so you will be safe there :-)

pacific palms
Destination Expert
for Mui Ne
Level Contributor
9,533 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel located off the beachfront

Thuy Thuy is a good alternative being quite close to the beach and on a gentle rise at the toe of the Mui Ne Hill.

Having said that Hiep Hoa I agree is probably the best value in Ham Tien (Mui Ne)

Cheers Ross

Edited: 09 February 2013, 22:47
Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Ho Chi Minh City
Level Contributor
4,763 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel located off the beachfront

BTW I've spoken to an hotel owner north of Phuket and after the tsunami hit there was nothing left for 2 km from the beach, brick bungalows or 2 floors buildings were just washed away.

So if you are really worried about a tsunami go to Koh Samui, the only island around here that is not exposed on any side directly to an ocean.

Phan Thiet, Vietnam
Destination Expert
for Phan Thiet
Level Contributor
1,446 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel located off the beachfront

Belle,

In Phan Thiet, probably the very best spot that is not right on the beach is Full Moon Village above Soui Nuoc Beach in Mui Ne ward. However, if you want to be right near lots of other resorts and restaurants, I suggest Mui Ne Hills guest house, which is not in Mui Ne, but on a hill overlooking rang beach in Ham Tien ward. Neither of the above are on the beach and both are highly rated on trip advisor.

As Ross says, Thuy Thuy is not on the beach, but it is not as high off the beach as the other two.

6. Re: Hotel located off the beachfront

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 February 2014, 05:16