We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just arrived after months of planning

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
85 reviews
Save Topic
Just arrived after months of planning

Just arrived after months of planning and this place is amazing.

The weather is brilliant, so if you are thinking of coming, stop right now and book :-)

White Sand Dunes
Points of Interest & Landmarks
Mui Ne Harbor
Points of Interest & Landmarks
Red Sand Dunes
Geologic Formations
Sydney
Level Contributor
4,063 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just arrived after months of planning

Good on you Paul,

You have obviously slipped into the laidback atmosphere of Mui ne. Will be back in 7 weeks and looking forward to this 'kick back and relax' part of our itinerary. Hope you enjoy your time in Vn.

Mark

Italy
Level Contributor
39,497 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just arrived after months of planning

Glad you're enjoying your holiday.

Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Ho Chi Minh City
Level Contributor
4,764 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just arrived after months of planning

Don't forget to eat at Lam Tong ^_^

Forster, Australia
Level Contributor
1,265 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just arrived after months of planning

The recent reviews of Lam Tong do not inspire me to go there. We will be in town in about 3 weeks, looking forward to it:-)

Greg

Edited: 13 March 2013, 21:10
pacific palms
Destination Expert
for Mui Ne
Level Contributor
9,699 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just arrived after months of planning

Lam Tong is a mixed bag. You cant eat cheaper in a place that is on the sand and overlooks the Sea. The food I find is good overall,but not outstanding. To me its convenient and very well patronised particularly with the younger backpackers looking for good value. The service is atrocious but when you can catch the waiters eye the meal is very quickly delivered. Its one of those places that will eventually get pulled down and yuppiefied.

Cheers Ross

Phan Thiet, Vietnam
Destination Expert
for Phan Thiet
Level Contributor
1,476 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just arrived after months of planning

If anybody has suggestions about restaurants, please post them on my restaurant thread under top questions about Mui Ne. It would help new arrivals if we can get some suggestions from the regulars in this section.

7. Re: Just arrived after months of planning

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 January 2018, 09:30
Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Ho Chi Minh City
Level Contributor
4,764 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Just arrived after months of planning

Ross the service this year was much better than before when there was no service at all.. ^_^

Now the boys do not take orders, one or 2 person will write down the order and even after the 20% increase of TET the place is very cheap. Drinks are cheaper in the restaurant than on the minimarket outside.

For Lam tong i'd suggest the mixed fruit plate (other places at twice the price give you a lot of water mellon instead of mango...), the mango pancake and the baguette with tomato and the invisible cheese....

Phan Thiet, Vietnam
Destination Expert
for Phan Thiet
Level Contributor
1,476 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Just arrived after months of planning

I think I will take your advice, Maurizio, and try this restaurant one more time. About two years ago, my Vietnamese family and I went into the restaurant and then sat down at an empty table and waited for twenty minutes for someone to acknowledge that we existed. We finally, just got up and left and not one staff member even noticed.

Edited: 15 March 2013, 04:02
Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Just arrived after months of planning

Oh for the power of invisibility Steve :-)

Is the weather here always this amazing or am I just lucky?

Get answers to your questions about Mui Ne