We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sleeper bus from HCMC to Mui Ne - Sinh Cafe vs Tam Hanh

Malaysia
Level Contributor
19 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Sleeper bus from HCMC to Mui Ne - Sinh Cafe vs Tam Hanh

Dear travellers,

I know Phuong Trang has been getting consistently good reviews but they do not run night sleeper buses for the HCMC-Mui Ne route anymore, as informed by my hotel receptionist.

So, i'm stuck with a choice between Sinh Cafe (USD10) or Tam Hanh (USD8). Appreciate if someone can give me some feedback regarding which bus company has better service and reliability? Thanks so much for your quick replies.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
572 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sleeper bus from HCMC to Mui Ne - Sinh Cafe vs Tam Hanh

I haven't use Tam Hanh personally, but I've used Sinh Tourist *Formally Sinh Cafe* and they're excellent. Good new buses, service, and on time. They will tag your luggage, free bottle water and friendly staff.

Malaysia
Level Contributor
19 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sleeper bus from HCMC to Mui Ne - Sinh Cafe vs Tam Hanh

Thanks for your reply. Do they provide drop off at your hotel? Coz we plan to take the night bus and it will arrive past midnight. Thanks. :D

Italy
Level Contributor
39,496 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sleeper bus from HCMC to Mui Ne - Sinh Cafe vs Tam Hanh

If the agency is called Sinh Cafe it's a fake, the original Sinh Cafe had to change it's name to Sinh tourist because of all the fakes cropping up, sometimes 5 or 6 in the same street only use the original, this is the website.

www.thesinhtourist.vn

Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Ho Chi Minh City
Level Contributor
4,764 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sleeper bus from HCMC to Mui Ne - Sinh Cafe vs Tam Hanh

Tam Hanh and Hanh Cafe are the worst, just search the forum like here tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1009804-i12979-k5…

or here tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293925-i8433-k607…

or here tripadvisor.com/Travel-g293925-c187685/Ho-Ch…

Phuong Trang is the best company from Saigon to Muine, Sinh Tourists is ok.

I cannot see the need of a night bus for a 4 hour trip, I had to take a night one from Nha Trang because there was no choice and the bus arrived at 2:30am, never ever again.

Edited: 22 April 2013, 11:20
Phan Thiet, Vietnam
Destination Expert
for Phan Thiet
Level Contributor
1,475 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sleeper bus from HCMC to Mui Ne - Sinh Cafe vs Tam Hanh

Raian,

I have taken both overnight and Sinh Cafe (Now Sinh Tourist) is by far the cleanest and most comfortable of the two.

pacific palms
Destination Expert
for Mui Ne
Level Contributor
9,617 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sleeper bus from HCMC to Mui Ne - Sinh Cafe vs Tam Hanh

I dont advocate the use of night buses at all. The traffic during the night hours is completely different to that of the day traffic, much more dangerous. The sleeping buses are uncomfortable often with broken seats that dont allow you to sit or lay down. Then you have the problem of arriving past midnight when the hotel receptionist is often not awake.

However if you have to take a night bus then in my experience there isn't much difference between the 2 on that route.

Cheers Ross

Malaysia
Level Contributor
19 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sleeper bus from HCMC to Mui Ne - Sinh Cafe vs Tam Hanh

Thanks for all your time and replies.

Given the circumstances, I have chosen Sinh Cafe's bus. Anyone wants a feedback, feel free to PM me after my trip next month. Thanks. :)

Moscow, Russia
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Sleeper bus from HCMC to Mui Ne - Sinh Cafe vs Tam Hanh

Hello, I'm planning a trip to Mui Ne from Saigon by day\night bus.Can you please share your last experience? Thank you very much in advance!

Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Ho Chi Minh City
Level Contributor
4,764 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sleeper bus from HCMC to Mui Ne - Sinh Cafe vs Tam Hanh

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g293925-c187685/Ho-Ch…

take Phuong Trang during the day, no need to arrive at 1:30/2pm, not nice....

departures 7:00/7:30/8:00/15:00/17:00

6 hours trip....

Level Contributor
703 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sleeper bus from HCMC to Mui Ne - Sinh Cafe vs Tam Hanh

Hire a car:-)

Get answers to your questions about Mui Ne
Recent Conversations