We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

mui ne weather

Bialystok
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
mui ne weather

Hi,

I will start my beach wacation next week. Do I have chance for nice, sunny weather? There are strong showers in weather forecast for Mui Ne. Last year in Hoi An the weather was great every day and the showers was mostly during the night..Thanks

White Sand Dunes
Points of Interest & Landmarks
Mui Ne Harbor
Points of Interest & Landmarks
Red Sand Dunes
Geologic Formations
Phan Thiet, Vietnam
Destination Expert
for Phan Thiet
Level Contributor
1,480 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: mui ne weather

This is the rainy season, but typically that means an hour or two of rain every other day or so. The area from Mui Ne to the white sand dunes is a micro climate with the least amount of rain recorded in Vietnam. Lately, we have had a few showers overnight with very little rain during the daylight hours. However, that does not mean that it will be like that when you arrive, but there are no major storms in the forecast for the next couple of weeks.

Bialystok
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: mui ne weather

Thank you for your answer.End of the week looks a little bit poor- lots of rain..What is current weather in Mui Ne?Best regards.Agnes

Phan Thiet, Vietnam
Destination Expert
for Phan Thiet
Level Contributor
1,480 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: mui ne weather

Although it has not rained for a few days, the forecast is for some late afternoon showers starting today. Usually they last less than an hour when they occur.

Mui Ne, Vietnam
Level Contributor
50 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: mui ne weather

For now the weather looks beautiful, sun shining through white clouds - even better than without them. Try windguru or windfinder for Mui Ne weather forecast, quite trustworthy.

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
722 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: mui ne weather

In July, August, rainy season in Mui Ne, Same as Phu Quoc Island, But dry season in Hoi An & Nha Trang. Hoi An is always my favorite destination to visit in any terms (foods, history, culture, beach)

Cheers

TUN Travel

Bialystok
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: mui ne weather

Thanks a lot! I will be in Mui Ne on Wednesday and hope for sun!

Phan Thiet, Vietnam
Destination Expert
for Phan Thiet
Level Contributor
1,480 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: mui ne weather

It is not the dry season in Nha Trang and Hoi An and both locations get much more rain than Mui Ne. Look at the statistics, Tun.

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
722 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: mui ne weather

Steve,

As from my knowledge, Rainy season in north and south are from May to Sept/Oct And the rainy season in the central (include Nha Trang, Hoi An, Hue, Da Nang) is from Sept/OCt to early Feb. but it's really hard to forecast in terms of weather in anywhere,

Agnes, Hope you have plenty of Sunny days in MuiNe, have a nice trip

TUN Travel

Phan Thiet, Vietnam
Destination Expert
for Phan Thiet
Level Contributor
1,480 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: mui ne weather

Tun,

Look at the forecast for Danang/Hoi An at the moment. It's for rain every day this week. In Mui Ne, on the other hand, we haven't had rain for almost a week and when we do get rain, it is much less than they get in Nha Trang or in Hoi An. The rainy season for southern Vietnam begins in May, but it doesn't really start to rain until June in the northern parts of the country. However, by the end of June, it is raining all over the country and continues to rain until late October in the north and mid November in the south.

The dry season is the same all throughout the tropical areas of the northern hemisphere. Usually it is between December and April.

Edited: 30 July 2013, 06:46
pacific palms
Destination Expert
for Mui Ne
Level Contributor
9,765 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: mui ne weather

What Tun is missing Steve is the fact that Mui Ne has its own micro climate due to the neighbouring desert and therefore overall statistics don't matter.

Cheers Ross

Get answers to your questions about Mui Ne