We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mui Ne good for partying?

Burgas, Bulgaria
Level Contributor
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Mui Ne good for partying?

Hey Guys!

We are a group of 5 people traveling together, and we've been to quite a few places with our favourites being Patong and Kata Beach in Phuket, Thailand. We like hanging out at the beach during the day and getting a drink or two during the night.

I have a few questions, in Mui Ne are there the following things:

1) Water Sports - Jetski/Tubing ?

2) Good Nightlife - I don't mean 2-3 quiet bars for families with children but I mean actual bars with nice music or maybe even any clubs

I don't like very quiet places like Khao Lak in Thailand which has a nice beach, but absolutely ZERO water sport attractions and at night there are only a few quiet places where you can have dinner alongside families with small children screaming and crying at the top of their lungs.

So is Mui Ne a good choice for our vacation? We are planning to fly to Saigon, so if you can reccomend any resorts that are close to it it would be great, I looked at Nha Trang which was reccomended as a party resort but its 500 KM away which is like an 8 hour drive...

White Sand Dunes
Points of Interest & Landmarks
Mui Ne Harbor
Points of Interest & Landmarks
Red Sand Dunes
Geologic Formations
Phan Thiet, Vietnam
Destination Expert
for Phan Thiet
Level Contributor
1,476 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Mui Ne good for partying?

There are also four good discos in Phan Thiet city center, but I'm assuming you are looking for places like those I mentioned along the beach in the tourist area. By the way, the four I mentioned are in Ham Tien.

I also forgot to mention Pogo, which is also on the beach with an international clientele and has good music and dancing. It tends to have more of an early crowd, so I would start there, and then go to WAX, Sankara, Dragon Beach and DJ Station. Pogo is on the east end of the beach and WAX is on the west end. Sankara is about 100 meters from WAX. Dragon Beach and DJ Station are on the east side nearer to Pogo and about 100 meters from each other. I suggest you either rent motorbikes to go between the bars, or if you plan to get totally smashed, you might use the xe oms (motorbike taxis) between Pogo and WAX and then between Sankara and Dragon Beach.

You can walk between WAX and Sankara and between Dragon Beach and DJ Station.

Edited: 05 August 2013, 04:18
pacific palms
Destination Expert
for Mui Ne
Level Contributor
9,696 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Mui Ne good for partying?

The night scene in Ham Tien/Mui Ne is as Steve describes and there are a few other laidback places like Joes, and a fun night with the cover band at Novela.

Luckily most of the jetski's are failed enterprises in Ham Tien as the conditions just do not suit and they are a pain for swimmers/surfers. Any coastline that relies on wind is not going to suit Jetski's but will be attractive for all other wind sports.

The Mui Ne area is SE Asia's premier wind and kitesurfing destination with rideable conditions most days even in the afternoons off season.

Some nightspots have beach parties and these as mentioned are also a pain due to the rubbish left afterwards, and the half burnt logs in the shorebreak, creating a danger to all water users.

Cheers Ross

Phan Thiet, Vietnam
Destination Expert
for Phan Thiet
Level Contributor
1,476 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Mui Ne good for partying?

Ross, FYI, the jetski rentals on Ganh Beach (Mui Ne ward) seem to be thriving. There are almost always two or more on our beach, but if they are rented, our security staff make them go away from the swimmers. Ganh Beach is about seven kilometers long and unlike Rang Beach in Ham Tien ward, which is full of resorts, only about two kilometers has resorts and swimmers, so the jetskis have plenty of area to use. During the kite surf season, the area without kite surfers or swimmers is still substantial.

You are right, however, that the resorts and kite surfers are too packed along Rang beach for the jetskis to be safely used.

Level Contributor
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
14. Re: Mui Ne good for partying?

Think about Vung Tau which is 120km from Saigon. Beach city, bar, restaurant... Man, you need a local guy for real nightlife in Saigon and Vung Tau.

Level Contributor
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
15. Re: Mui Ne good for partying?

Think about Vung Tau which is 120km from Saigon. Beach city, bar, restaurant... Man, you need a local guy for real nightlife in Saigon and Vung Tau.

16. Re: Mui Ne good for partying?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 August 2014, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Mui Ne