We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

7 Day trip to Vietnam in Februray 2014

Which Mui Ne hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Washington DC...
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Topic
7 Day trip to Vietnam in Februray 2014

Hi there, I'll be taking a short trip to Vietnam for 7 days, landing in Ho Chi Minh City on Feb 17 and depart from HCMC the 24th. I'm playing with a few itineraries-not wanting to overbook but not wanting to miss anything. Your input would be helpful!! Thanks in advance!

Itinerary 1: Ho Chi Minh City  Can Tho  Phu Quoc Island  Ho Chi Minh City

Itinerary 2: Ho Chi Minh City  Can Tho  Ho Chi Minh City  Da Lat  Nha Trang  Mui Ne  Ho Chi Minh City

Itinerary 3: Ho Chi Minh City  Can Tho  Ho Chi Minh City  Mui Ne  Ho Chi Minh City

Itinerary 4: HCM  Can Tho  HCM  Vung Tao  Mui Ne  HCM

Level Contributor
265 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 7 Day trip to Vietnam in Februray 2014

Ditch itinerary 2 - it's just too packed

Otherwise the others all have potential so depends what you most want to see!

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: 7 Day trip to Vietnam in Februray 2014

Thanks! Which one is higher on the must see list, Mui Ne or Phu Quoc island?

Ben Tre, Vietnam
Level Contributor
1,593 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 7 Day trip to Vietnam in Februray 2014

I think the itinerary number 1 is best for you. Otherwise it is just too rush as you only ave 7 days.

I would suggest the itinerary as below:

Day 1 : HCMC

Day 2: HCMC- Ben Tre Mekong Delta

Day 3: Ben Tre- Can THo Mekong Delta

Day 4: Can Tho fly to Phu Quoc

Day 5: Phu Quoc:

Day 6: Phu Quoc

Day 7: Phu Quoc - HCMC (Saigon)

Day 8: Saigon- Fly home

Cheers

Nhung

pacific palms
Destination Expert
for Mui Ne
Level Contributor
9,401 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 7 Day trip to Vietnam in Februray 2014

Depends on what you want with your visit. Just pick one place to go to otherwise you will be spending too much time in travel and waiting. Just get there and begin enjoyment. Phu Quoc is an island experience and Mui Ne is beach experience. Phu Quoc has beaches but not the continuity of restaurants and bars within walking distance. On the other hand if you pick a destination resort on Phu Quoc and are happy just to sloth about around the pool then that's probably for you.

Cheers Ross

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: 7 Day trip to Vietnam in Februray 2014

Thanks for the great feedback! For itinerary 3, is there a way to go from Can Tho directly to Mui Ne without again passing through HCMC?

pacific palms
Destination Expert
for Mui Ne
Level Contributor
9,401 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 7 Day trip to Vietnam in Februray 2014

Yes but not practical.

Cheers Ross

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
107 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 7 Day trip to Vietnam in Februray 2014

i am think the second itinerary is my recommendation, it included everythings, culture, beach break, natural .

i also think of Nhung's itinerary suggestion is sound very reasonable too, but if so i would like to have a slightly change as following here

Day 1: HCM arrival day

Day 2: HCM city tour and the tunnel of Cu Chi

Day 3: HCM city - Can Tho

Day 4: Can Tho - flight to Phu Quoc

Day 5: Phu Quoc island

Day 6: Phu Quoc island

Day 7: Phu Quoc - HCM City

Day 8: HCM City - departure back home

Edited: 07 December 2013, 05:16
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
303 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 7 Day trip to Vietnam in Februray 2014

I think you need to be more clear on your objectives. With only 7 days you will of course miss a lot, so decide what you most want to see. Are you interested in a beach vacation, or in experiencing Vietnamese culture, or learning about Vietnamese history, or seeing some beautiful natural sights? Vietnam has all of these. For 7 days, choose no more than 3 places. The usual spots are HCM (South), Hoi An, and Hanoi, but you are wise to limit it to one area. Many people fly into and out of different cities (HCM-Hanoi or vice versa). If it were I, I would choose 7 days in and around Hanoi rather than HCM, but others will disagree.

Search the Vietnam forum for "Trip Report" and see what sparks your interest most. I mention some of your places in my report at:

tripadvisor.ca/…54464406

Or check out this awesome video of Hoi An:

tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g298082-i9204-k5861…

(he also has a great one on Hanoi and on Halong)

or one like this:http://www.tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g293921-i8432-k6645697-Trip_Report_7_days_in_the_South-Vietnam.html

Have fun!

9. Re: 7 Day trip to Vietnam in Februray 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 December 2014, 05:16