We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wind 21st November at Pandanus resort

Which Mui Ne hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
australia
11 posts
Save Topic
Wind 21st November at Pandanus resort

Hi I'm travelling to Vietnam in November. I shall be arriving in Hanoi and staying in the North for five days. I then plan to fly to Dalat have few days there and then travel by bus onto MuiNe area for five days sun and relaxation at the Pandanus Resort. I was wondering if the Pandanus gets a lot of wind at this time of the year and if it does can anyone recommend an equivalent resort that would be more sheltered? After my time in this area I head to HCMC for about four days before flying out. Another questions is are there bus' available from Dalat to MuiNe area or would it be more advisable to fly from Hanoi to Nha Trang and catch a bus from there? Thanks

Phan Thiet, Vietnam
Destination Expert
for Phan Thiet
Level Contributor
1,413 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wind 21st November at Pandanus resort

The Pandanus Resort is on Ganh Beach in Mui Ne ward. Ganh Beach faces east and the prevailing winds at that time of the year come from the east/northeast. Even though the winds may be coming directly onshore, the pool area at the Pandanus is quite well protected from the winds, so you wouldn't get the brunt of them unless you are sitting on the beach.

Rang Beach in Ham Tien ward faces to the south, so the winds will generally be coming across the water and blowing along the beach from the east.

Normally in November, it is quite calm in the morning and the winds pick up mid day.

There are three bus companies that operate buses from Dalat to Phan Thiet, so you do not have to fly to Nha Trang. The coach from Dalat takes about the same amount of time as the coach from Nha Trang.

Edited: 01 April 2014, 04:43
australia
11 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Wind 21st November at Pandanus resort

Thanks Steve for the advice.

3. Re: Wind 21st November at Pandanus resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 April 2015, 07:15