We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spending 8 days in Mui Ne

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
15 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Spending 8 days in Mui Ne

Hello, we've 8 days to spend in Mui Ne next March and was wondering if there's enough there to keep us content for that long?

We'll be arriving having also toured Thailand and Cambodia. Ideally I'd like to have headed up to Halong Bay and Hanoi but this may be cost and time prohibitive owing to the Thailand/Cambodia tour, so figured Mui Ne/Ham Tien might be a good base before heading to HCMC for a couple of days before heading back to England.

We're both pretty active and pretty adventurous so don't mind high energy activities. Any suggestions/recommendations?

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Hanoi
Hanoi
Vietnam
Ham Tien
Ham Tien
Phan Thiet, Vietnam
Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
15 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Spending 8 days in Mui Ne

Also, does anyone have any experience of Madame Cuc Saigon Emerald Resort or the Unique Muine? Thinking of staying in either of these.

Phan Thiet, Vietnam
Destination Expert
for Phan Thiet
Level Contributor
1,485 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Spending 8 days in Mui Ne

March is the kitesurf season and there are often kite surf festivals that month. So, if you haven't done any kite surfing, wind surfing or sailing, you might consider those activities.

There are also a number of roads in the area that have very little traffic and therefore are good roads for bicycle trips. I suggest going north from Mui Ne ward to the white sand dunes, or for a longer trip, go through Phan Thiet city center to Tien Thanh ward and bike down to Ke Ga. If you are really adventurous, go up to Dalat and bike back down to Phan Thiet, or there is also a popular bike route from Dalat to Nha Trang.

If you are into hiking, you might consider hiking up Taku Mountain rather than taking the cable car.

Mentioned in this post
Phan Thiet
Phan Thiet
Binh Thuan Province, Vietnam
Nha Trang
Nha Trang
Khanh Hoa Province, Vietnam
Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
15 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Spending 8 days in Mui Ne

Thanks Steve, just what I was after.

Not exactly 100% certain of staying in Mui Ne just yet, I'm researching at present and thinking of maybe trying Nha Trang. Any idea what it's like up there?

Mentioned in this post
Nha Trang
Nha Trang
pacific palms
Destination Expert
for Mui Ne
Level Contributor
9,873 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Spending 8 days in Mui Ne

Migwire287 I would think about splitting the time between 2 centres Nha Trang and Mui Ne/Ham Tien or Dalat and Mui Ne /Ham Tien. You could fly to either Nha Trang or Dalat and then take the coach back down to coast at Mui Ne /Ham Tien.

March is a good month temperature wise in any of the South and this way you would get to experience two centres. In my opinion 8 days in one place would be a bit too long.

Ham Tien ( Mui Ne) differs from Nha Trang in that most of the Resorts are absolute beachfront whereas Nha Trang has a 4 lane road to cross before you get to the sand..

Unique Mui Ne is not in the best position in Ham Tien. I would suggest anything around No 90 address along the strip.

Cheers Ross

Edited: 12 May 2014, 00:21
Mentioned in this post
Nha Trang
Nha Trang
Ham Tien
Ham Tien
Phan Thiet, Vietnam
Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
15 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Spending 8 days in Mui Ne

Thanks Ross.

The wife has had he say....lol

She wants to try Hoi An so has booked the Sunrise Hoi An Resort on Cua Dai Beach for 8 days. Might tweak that though and spend three or four days somewhere further South.

Any idea on the weather around Hoi An in March?

Mentioned in this post
Hoi An
Hoi An
Quang Nam Province, Vietnam
Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
7,714 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Spending 8 days in Mui Ne

Nha Trang has some advantages in terms of things to keep you occupied. Day trips to the mountains, trip to Ninh Hòa to see salt production (although March may be a tad too early in the year), mud baths, and a few other things. The weather will be nice.

Mentioned in this post
Nha Trang
Nha Trang
Phan Thiet, Vietnam
Destination Expert
for Phan Thiet
Level Contributor
1,485 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Spending 8 days in Mui Ne

Day times around 28-30 and no rain in March.

8. Re: Spending 8 days in Mui Ne

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 May 2015, 05:17