We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

el roble in July/double tree

justbaby27
Level Contributor
52 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
el roble in July/double tree

hi hubby and i will god-willing b visiting costa rica in early July, hows the wheather then? is it nice and warm where we can swim and tan or will we need a sweater?..also is it very rainy then?..and we are considering the doubletree hilton all inclusive..can anyone tells us about this resort...and lastly how do we go about setting up airport transfers to/from hotel-airport. THANKS :)

5 replies to this topic
Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: el roble in July/double tree

The temperatures in Costa Rica are related to elevation. The higher the elevation, the lower the temperature. It is warm all year round in Costa Rica -- it's in the tropics. At the beach, very wam - shorts, tank tops and flip flops On top of Mt Chirripo (the highest point in Costa Rica) warm jackets and wool hats. Most areas are warm and cool off nicely at night because there are 12 hours of daylight and 12 hours of dark almost year round.

July is part of the rainy season. How rainy it will be is anybody's guess. You can look here for general rain patterns: costa-rica-guide.com/weather.weathermap.html

Airport transfers are easy to arrange once you decide where you will be staying. There are a number of options, including transportation provided by the resort, a private driver, a shared van shuttle, a rental car, a taxi or public bus.

guanacaste
Level Contributor
3,091 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: el roble in July/double tree

swim & tan..............

look for AIs in guanacaste, there are options, many options

you can fly direct in to liberia's airport, that is a true advantage

july some rain, not much, rain and sun, rain and clouds, weather is nice but maybe 1 or 2 hours of rain per day, then sun or partly cloudy

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,303 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: el roble in July/double tree

We have around July ...what we call the VERANILLO DE SAN JUAN...wich is basically a little summer during the rainy season...it is fantastic weather almost all over the country...and everything is green and full of life...honestly for me is one of the best times of the year to visit our country!

roadadivsor

Liberia, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
156 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: el roble in July/double tree

Correct me if I am wrong but isn't the Doubletree near Caldera. If I was doing an AI I would also look in the Guanacaste area.

justbaby27
Level Contributor
52 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: el roble in July/double tree

hi guys, we are all booked at double tree, we really liked ths resort, and our better option is to fly to san jose as opposed to liberia, and double tree is the closest all inclusive to the san jose airport. now what we depersatly need is a shuttle from/to hotel airport..i emailed easy rider but they only have private mini buses $130 for up to 4 people one way...however we are only 2 people...i will liek to find something at 30-40 each way per person, anyone knows much is a taxi from airport to the doubletree??? PLEASE HELP! ...THANKS :)

Reply to: el roble in July/double tree
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about El Roble