We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get to Puigcerda?

Which Puigcerda hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
92 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
How to get to Puigcerda?

Hello everyone,

I'll be flying from Granada to Barcelona on September 11th, and need to get to Puigcerda the same day if possible.

What are my options? Everyone I've spoken to has mentioned Renfe, but I found their website to be a huge pain and really didn't make any progress.

Any help or suggestions are much appreciated!

6 replies to this topic
Perpignan, France
Destination Expert
for Languedoc-Roussillon, Perpignan
Level Contributor
7,109 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to get to Puigcerda?

Train timetable : renfe.com/FR/viajeros/cercanias/barcelona/

You can also take a bus : alsa.es/portal/…

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
92 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to get to Puigcerda?

Thanks!

Is the bus a direct line?

And could I buy a ticket at the station for both, or do I need to buy it ahead of time?

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Catalonia
Level Contributor
9,407 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: How to get to Puigcerda?

@Dayyanum

You can buy the tickets at the station. The latest train departs Barcelona at 18:57 and arrives into Puigcerdà 3 hours later. Be aware though that Sep 11th is the Catalan National Day (like your 4th of July) and this particular year there's going to be a lot of people moving up & down Catalonia (catalanassembly.org/international-catalan-wa…) so you might find it quite busy.

There's also a bus at 20:30, served by ALSA (www.alsa.com).

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
92 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How to get to Puigcerda?

Ahhh I didn't even think of that.

I looked at the Renfe timetable, but for some reason only half the page was translated into English. My spanish is a bit rusty, but it seems like it was saying that:

R2 goes six times a day from the Airport to the Barcelona-Sants station, where I would transfer to R3. R3 goes from Barcelona-Sants to Puigcerda.

Anyone able to confirm?

BARCELONA.SPAIN
Level Contributor
1,717 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How to get to Puigcerda?

Hola,

You got it totally right.

Level Contributor
65 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How to get to Puigcerda?

I reccomend you taking the train. The Catalan railways website I think is much better than the Renfe website, and you can see it totally in English: www20.gencat.cat/portal/site/rodalies…

In the Airport you have to take the R2Nord to Barcelona-Sants and there, the R3 to Puigcerdà. You can fins the timetables in that website, but I put here the links:

R2 (which includes R2Nord, the unic line which goes to the Airport): www20.gencat.cat/docs/rodalies/PDF/R2.pdf (there are more than 6 trains a day from the Airport to BCN-Sants)

R3: www20.gencat.cat/docs/rodalies/PDF/R3.pdf

As Enric M said, the September 11th is the Catalan National Day, so the timetables for this day are the red ones.

Reply to: How to get to Puigcerda?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Puigcerda