We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quiet Side in December

Milwaukee, WI
Level Contributor
759 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Quiet Side in December

Does anyone have a recommendation for a fine dining restaurant on the quiet side of the peninsula? How about a good/friendly dive bar? (we like to mix it up a little.) We will be in Door County after Christmas and are looking to expand our horizons beyond our old stand-bys. (Sister Bay, Fish Creek, Ephraim). Thanks.

Madison
Destination Expert
for Madison
Level Contributor
930 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Quiet Side in December

We are big fans of Bailey's Harbor.

http://www.baileysharbor.com/dining/

Our favorite dive is the Blue Ox, but the Peninsula Pub is divey and quite small, too. The AC Tap is the diviest (is that a word?).

All of the fine dining restaurants listed are really good, too. Our favorite is the seafood grille.

Check out the websites, and let me know if you have more questions. I hope you have a great trip!

Milwaukee, WI
Level Contributor
759 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Quiet Side in December

Thanks for the link! We can't wait to go exploring! If diviest isn't a word, it should be!

Fish Creek...
Level Contributor
995 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Quiet Side in December

Fine dining...Danny's Glidden Lodge and Restaurant Saveur.

Blue Ox is closed in winter

Also add to the list Weisgerbers in Bailey's Harbor, Mike's in Jacksonport, Hitching Post near Valmy. There are divier bars than the Tap, but they tend to not be friendly. These bars , as well as the previous poster's choices, are all quality checked personally by me!

Also, JJ's has opened a Mexican restaurant in Jacksonport, food is good.

Pay attention to the reduced speed limits on Hwy 57 between Jacksonport and Bailey's Harbor.

Milwaukee, WI
Level Contributor
759 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Quiet Side in December

Thanks for the suggestions. I wish we were leaving now. I'll write up a trip report when we get back.

5. Re: Quiet Side in December

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 May 2010, 05:28