We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nice, comfy lodging recs

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
60 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Nice, comfy lodging recs

We are a couple traveling with a toddler and a baby. We are seeking nice, modern accommodations versus a basic motel because it's easier with children. (Not to mention we need a little break!) We'd like to find a cottage, cabin, nice motel or resort in Door County. In the past we've stayed at Little Sweden, and we'll return if we don't find anything else, but I'd like to try something new, and perhaps less expensive since the Little Sweden unit was larger than we needed. We would appreciate recs for something up-to-date with comfy beds in a scenic location, etc.

Thanks!

Fish Creek...
Level Contributor
998 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nice, comfy lodging recs

Your post is confusing and difficult to answer "We are seeking nice, modern accommodations versus a basic motel" is very unclear since motels can be nice modern accommodations.

What are you looking for in a lodging property?

Have you tried www.doorcounty.com?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
60 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nice, comfy lodging recs

Yes, of course I tried that site and many others before posting. I don't see how my post warranted your reply calling it confusing, as I was specific even citing past lodging. Sorry.

WI
Destination Expert
for Wisconsin, Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
6,172 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nice, comfy lodging recs

http://www.eagleharborinn.com/ in Ephraim it's not on the water but nearby and has a play area outdoors for the kids. It describes comfy beds/bedding and is up to date but maybe not modern in the kid sense (decorations, etc.) you'd have to see if they fit your taste by perusing the website.

This may better suit your needs:

baybreezeresort.com/rates_resort_accommodati… some are rooms within a room with the master bedroom and then main area but doesn't look too big (like the bigger accomodation you mentioned with Little Sweden). See the room layout map next to the picture to give you an idea on size. This place has a private beach across the road.

Mentioned in this post
Ephraim
Ephraim
Door County, WI
Fish Creek...
Level Contributor
998 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nice, comfy lodging recs

Sorry if I offended you. I was simply asking for the specific attributes you want in your lodging choice, like pool, waterfront, kitchen, suite, rural, bay side/lake side, cabin/condo/room, etc.

Many of us lodging owners in Door County own "nice, modern accommodations" which are also motels and work well with children. I do not understand the specific attributes that separate "nice modern accommodations" from "a basic motel".

Would be more than happy to help if you could clarify your needs, again, sorry if I offended you.

Wisconsin Dells...
Level Contributor
8 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nice, comfy lodging recs

Just returned from Park Place Cottages in Ephraim. They offer wonderful well built cottages. Ours was a suite in Duplex Cottage but two bedroom cottages are available too. Cottages are nicely decorated, linens, cable TV with DVD player plus lawn furniture, picnic tables, gas grills. You could contact the owner Debbie Eckert. (920) 854-9625 website: www.doorcountyvacationrentals.com They are located next to Peninsula State Park. You won't find pool or spa but exceptionally clean, comfortable, cozy cottages. Good Luck! Enjoy Door County...

Mentioned in this post
Ephraim
Ephraim
Door County, WI
6. Re: Nice, comfy lodging recs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 December 2010, 05:17