We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

thanksgiving stay

chgomama
5 posts
Save Topic
thanksgiving stay

2 adults 2 adventurous girls aged 13 and 10 are thinking of going to Door County over Thanksgiving and renting a house/condo.

What can we do at that time of year?

chicago area
Level Contributor
1,182 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: thanksgiving stay

You should be aware that many shops and restaurants will be closed for the season, but not all, so I would check the Door County Chambers website for more info on that. I do know that the Harborside in Baileys Harbor has a wonderful Thanksgiving buffet. I would consider staying at the Newport in Egg Harbor, 2 bed, 2 bath condos and a huge indoor pool.

WI
Destination Expert
for Wisconsin, Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
6,138 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: thanksgiving stay

you may also want to consider the Landmark Resort in Egg Harbor

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
187 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: thanksgiving stay

There's plenty to do in Door County in November. Because it is the off season, some businesses will be closed, but many remain open, particularly on the weekends. The state parks are all open for hiking and biking; there's a movie theater in Sturgeon Bay; there are plays, musical performances, shops, art galleries, plenty of restaurants open (there's a hands-on art gallery where the girls could create their own work of art to take home). Some of the museums are open on weekends. You can take a day trip to Washington Island. If people want to swim or work out, you can purchase a one-day pass to the YMCA. Pick up the local newspaper, visit the Door County tourism website and check the calendar of events -- there's always something going on, even if it's just a pancake breakfast at the Moravian Church or a steamboat supper at the Masonic lodge. Honestly, I've never been bored in Door County, even when I visit in March, which is the slowest month of the year for tourism. Door County is such a beautiful place, it's delightful to spend time there any time of year.

4. Re: thanksgiving stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 March 2011, 06:23