We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fireworks, Sailing, Fishing and Spas

Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
167 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Fireworks, Sailing, Fishing and Spas

I've spend some time perusing the doorcounty.com website and have determined we'd like to golf, fish, sail, hike and visit a spa while we are in Door County over the 4th. I'm comfortable with the golf course decision as well as the parks for hiking, but would love some suggestions for sailing, fishing and spas. There were several choices on the website and I'm not sure which might be the best fit. I'm sure they would all be fine, but would love suggestions if anyone has any. We are a multi-generational group of 8 and I've rented a house in Bailey's Harbor.

Also, as we will be there over the 4th, I'm wondering where there are fireworks and where would be the best viewing spots.

Any suggestions welcome. Thanks!

chicago area
Level Contributor
1,142 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Fireworks, Sailing, Fishing and Spas

Do you want to fish yourselves or go on a charter? Most fishing charters are a little pricey. Sister Bay Boat rentals rent pontoons that would accomodate a group your size, but I don't know of anyone that rents sailboats. Lavender Spa in Egg Harbor and Spa at Sacred Grounds in Ephraim are both very nice. Fireworks on the rd in Egg Harbor with a parade on the fourth fireworks in Fish Creek on the 4th as well as Baileys Harbor, all fireworks are shot off from the marinas in each town.

Fish Creek...
Level Contributor
998 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fireworks, Sailing, Fishing and Spas

Each community has its own website that will give you the details of all 4th of July activities, plus you can find spas. Go to www.doorcounty.com, then click on The Doors of Door County to get to local websites with fireworks and activities info.

There is a lot going on!

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
187 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fireworks, Sailing, Fishing and Spas

I've been to Lavender Spa and Sacred Grounds and prefer Sacred Grounds -- but they're both pleasant. Sacred Grounds is more "new-agey." Hope you have a good time!

Chicago Suburbs
Level Contributor
3,753 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fireworks, Sailing, Fishing and Spas

Watch the Egg Harbor fireworks July 3 from the Alpine Golf Course. Park along Hillside Trail.

Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
167 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fireworks, Sailing, Fishing and Spas

Thank you for all the great suggestions. It looks like my sons and my father are going to rise at 4am to go salmon fishing with Lynn's fishing charter. I think we are going to try Sail Door County for the sailing charter and are still deciding on the spa piece. Of course, we still need to figure out where to do the fish boil. I will go through old posts, but if anyone has a suggestions, I'm all ears. I've heard about the White Gull Inn, Pelletiers, the Post Office and a few others. They all sounds fabulous!

6. Re: Fireworks, Sailing, Fishing and Spas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2012, 21:19