We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Great pool?

1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Great pool?

We are looking for a resort with a large pool. We have two teenage sons who love to swim! Trying to avoid yet another trip to the Dells. Looking for a place with lot's of amenities and a great pool. Any recommend places?

midwest
Level Contributor
217 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Great pool?

The Landmark Resort in Egg Harbor has 3 really nice pools outdoors, and one indoors. There is a restaurant onsite and barbecue grills and tables scattered about. I am pretty sure there is shuffleboard too and maybe basketball. I find the condos on the smallish side, but we don't spend much time indoors when in The Door. Check it out for yourself!

www.thelandmarkresort.com/resort/amenities

midwest
Level Contributor
217 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Great pool?

Another place with nice pools is Birchwood Lodge in Sister Bay. We stayed there last September and it was a little chilly so we used the indoor pool only. The village home we stayed in was spacious and updated. We wouldn't hesitate to stay in a village home again at Birchwood Lodge.

http://www.birchwoodlodge.com/amenities.htm

WI
Destination Expert
for Wisconsin, Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
6,135 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Great pool?

highpointinn.com/our-door-county-suite-ameni… indoor and outdoor pools

Chicago Suburbs
Level Contributor
3,816 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Great pool?

You won't find anything in Door County that has a pool like the Dells water parks. Meadow Ridge in Egg Harbor is a time share that has a water slide, and Harbour Village is an RV park in Carlsville that has a pool with a water slide. Other than that, the only 25 yard long pools are at the YMCAs in FIsh Creek and Sturgeon Bay.

Fish Creek...
Level Contributor
998 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Great pool?

The greatest pool in Door County is Lake Michigan. Take the boys to a nice beach and have them swim in nature's pool!

chicago area
Level Contributor
1,150 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Great pool?

Look at the Newport in Egg Harbor, pools are larger than the High Point and you can walk into town from there.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
5,184 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Great pool?

The Newport has one of the best pools I've been in. We've also stayed at High Point, this beats it hands down. It's indoors. We also like their condo-like set up. Somerset Inn also has an indoor pool, not as large and and outdoor pool, but it's nothing spectacular. As was mentioned, this isn't like the Dells but the Newport's pool is similar in size to a high school pool (and warm), not like the typical small ones.

I'm a pool person, not lake. Lakes are for boating and water skiing (yeah, I do have to swim from the boat to the skis). Are you looking for indoor or outdoor?

8. Re: Great pool?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2013, 03:15